Carnival Magic Aft Extended Balcony Cabin Sizes

Jesse1179

Ok I'm getting conflicting information. I have read before that the aft extended balconies in the middle are larger than the ones located next to the aft wrap (which is what I currently have booked). But I called Carnival and the rep said while she didn't mind switching my cabin, the cabins are all the same square footage.

Anyone have any experience with these cabins? Looking for some advice on whether or not I should make the move. Thanks in advance!!

Ok I'm getting conflicting information. I have read before that the aft extended balconies in the middle are larger than the ones located next to the aft wrap (which is what I currently have booked). But I called Carnival and the rep said while she didn't mind switching my cabin, the cabins are all the same square footage.

Anyone have any experience with these cabins? Looking for some advice on whether or not I should make the move. Thanks in advance!!

Yes, conflicts abound when talking to Carnival reps.

I've read on CC that the larger afts are the ones with the sofa in the description, and as you noted, they are towards the middle. The aft cabins between the sofa included and the wraps look to be 20 sq ft smaller, and they are without the sofa.

There are discrepancies in cabin size in other categories too that Carnival doesn't enumerate. I'm guessing if cabin xyz has 15 sq ft more in Carnival's description, esp. if there are less than a handful in oddball size, Carnival doesn't tell the cruising public about them. It's left to discerning readers of CC to circulate that knowledge.

If you go the Carnival website and search deck plans for your ship, click on the cabin and read the details it will tell you if your ext aft has a sofa and coffee table or not. I believe the only smaller ext afts on Miracle are 7460 and 7461. They say in the details only seat and desk, no sofa or coffee table. I got stuck on the Breeze in one of these smaller ext afts next to the wraps and it was considerably smaller than other ext afts I had been in. Some Carnival reps know this and some don't. Do your own research on the deck plan details. It seems it is always deck 7, next to the wraps, that are considerably smaller and sometimes the tv is mounted over the bed, making it difficult to watch. If you are going to pay extra for the ext afts, make sure you get what you paid for.

I have been in 3 different aft-extended balcony cabins on the Magic. One center, deck 7; one next to center, deck 9 (because there were 3 of us that trip); one center, deck 9.

I have not seen the interior of the outermost cabins but I look for "sofa" in the description.

My cabin mates and I love this location. I prefer deck 9 since it gets some shade from the Lido deck extension above it. It is, however, a l-o-n-g walk back there.

Enjoy!