Thermal Spa or Vibe pass?

pepsicrave

This will be our first time on a Norwegian Cruise (Getaway) we are sailing December 20-27th. We were wondering which to choose? I understand it can get winding/cold in December in the Vibe. Will the Thermal Spa be a better choice? Will we be able to get a lounge chair and just chill there during the day?

Very excited to hear that the thermal spa has a balcony deck! Does anyone know if you can purchase a daily spa pass vs a week pass?

The Getaway does not have a balcony in the spa, only the Epic. They do sell daily passes if they don't sell out of the weekly but I can't provide any additional information on that because I get the weekly.

The Getaway sails in the Caribbean, and the temperatures stay pretty much the same year 'round. Don't expect it to be cold.

It can get cool, though. I live in Miami, and winter temperatures can drop fairly low. This last winter, there were nights where the temps were in the low-mid 40s. Granted, that's still higher than the majority of the country, but it can still get pretty cool if you're in a windy area, even in the day. The last cruise I took out of Miami was in early February of 2014, and I was chilled to the point where I didn't wear shorts or a swimsuit when I was out on deck and was wearing a light jacket outside whenever the ship was moving. (And I didn't even live in Miami at that point, so it wasn't like I was just acclimated to warmer temperatures.)

The last cruise I took out of Miami was in early February of 2014, and I was chilled to the point where I didn't wear shorts or a swimsuit when I was out on deck and was wearing a light jacket outside whenever the ship was moving.

The winds and even faraway storms can cause that anytime. On most of our Jan-Mar cruises the temps in Florida have been from mid 70s to low 80s so shorts have been sufficient onboard anytime, but at least in Jan 2013 when there were big winter storms in the north, the winds down south lowered the temperatures a lot and it was almost chilly also in most ports.

Coffee goddess

Is the spa a place where we can find a lounge chair and just chill for a while each day?

Oh yeah. Since it's all enclosed they don't play any music but I found it to be relaxing. They have both the padded loungers and the heated stone benches to relax on. I took a couple of naps on those. You can see some pictures of the loungers from my review down in my signature.