Getaway shore excursion times

jmkrsail

I sail in 3 weeks and was looking to change our excursion plans. I see that most excursions for St. Thomas have an opening of just 8:30 AM, for example. Is this the only offering they have or is it likely that there was a later one and it is sold-out online and not available for booking? Would a later option possibly be available for booking once on board?

I sail in 3 weeks and was looking to change our excursion plans. I see that most excursions for St. Thomas have an opening of just 8:30 AM, for example. Is this the only offering they have or is it likely that there was a later one and it is sold-out online and not available for booking? Would a later option possibly be available for booking once on board?

Normally what you see online is what you can get onboard. Times driven by tour operators (ie not NCL). And by the number and arrival times of other ships in port. You can always check onboard at ShoreEx or even easier on the touch screens in public areas. The touch screens show tour availability and the number of open seats.

Be sure to download the iConcierge app prior to boarding. I used it to book our shore excursion the night before and tickets were dropped off in the room that same night, very easy process.

For St. Thomas I bought tickets for the Paradise Island Sky Ride right at the desk. It is an excursion you can do at your leisure and within walking distance to the ship. We took a taxi to a beach in the morning, returned to the ship for showers and lunch, back out for the skyride and a little shopping early afternoon. We all really liked the pace of our day.