Disembarkation day Barbados

groovechick

We were wondering if all the ship's facilities, i.e. buffet and restaurant, pools, bars are available to passengers on disembarkation day and whether there is organised entertainment?

We are debating whether to take the Farewell to Barbados tour, but as the second week of our cruise is port-heavy, we are thinking it might be better to just hang out on the ship, relax and soak up the last of the sun before leaving for the airport and our flight around 5 pm.

It must be very difficult for the crew, with one lot of pax disembarking at various times, another staying aboard and a third lot arriving through the day.

We were wondering if all the ship's facilities, i.e. buffet and restaurant, pools, bars are available to passengers on disembarkation day and whether there is organised entertainment?

We are debating whether to take the Farewell to Barbados tour, but as the second week of our cruise is port-heavy, we are thinking it might be better to just hang out on the ship, relax and soak up the last of the sun before leaving for the airport and our flight around 5 pm.

It must be very difficult for the crew, with one lot of pax disembarking at various times, another staying aboard and a third lot arriving through the day.

It's just like any other day on the ship, you wouldn't notice anything different. Life goes on as normal.

You have to give up your Cabin at 09.00 am. As you handed in your luggage the previous evening you might be a bit short on clothing but you could go on a trip, take a taxi to the beach. We prefer to just relax on the ship.

I don't remember any Entertainment during the day now that you mention it.

No, there was no entertainment on the last day as I recall, but the buffet, pool, bars etc are all still available to you. In fact the only thing that was different from our other days was that the crew had to peel me finger by finger off the hand rail and then carry me kicking and screaming to the coach to go home !! :D

You have to be out of your cabin early but you can hire a cabin until you disembark for a small fee to leave your hand luggage and have a shower etc :-)

It's just like any other day on the ship, you wouldn't notice anything different. Life goes on as normal.

You have to give up your Cabin at 09.00 am. As you handed in your luggage the previous evening you might be a bit short on clothing but you could go on a trip, take a taxi to the beach. We prefer to just relax on the ship.

I don't remember any Entertainment during the day now that you mention it.

Thank you. We could always stuff a spare t-shirt and jeans in our hand luggage I suppose.

No, there was no entertainment on the last day as I recall, but the buffet, pool, bars etc are all still available to you. In fact the only thing that was different from our other days was that the crew had to peel me finger by finger off the hand rail and then carry me kicking and screaming to the coach to go home !! :D

That will be me too flapjack62!

Thank you. We could always stuff a spare t-shirt and jeans in our hand luggage I suppose.

I left long trousers and jumper in the hand luggage and put T-Shirt and shorts on just before vacating the cabin. I left my hand luggage in a locker in the spa area and got changed just before getting on the bus to the Airport.

It felt like a full days holiday.

We usually stay on the ship on the last morning and finish our trip with having lunch in the main dining room (flight time allowing) often with other people who were on our table each evening. It's a lovely way to end the trip.

I hate that walking down the gangway for the final time and seeing other people coming on ...grrrr!

I left long trousers and jumper in the hand luggage and put T-Shirt and shorts on just before vacating the cabin. I left my hand luggage in a locker in the spa area and got changed just before getting on the bus to the Airport.

It felt like a full days holiday.

That's the kind of thing I was thinking mds143, I'm sure we'll feel the cold when we land early morning in the UK. Brrrrr!!

We usually stay on the ship on the last morning and finish our trip with having lunch in the main dining room (flight time allowing) often with other people who were on our table each evening. It's a lovely way to end the trip.

I hate that walking down the gangway for the final time and seeing other people coming on ...grrrr!

Confession time - at the end of our very first cruise BC (before children) in the early '90s, I actually cried on the last morning because I didn't want the cruise to come to an end!

After 5 ports in 5 days I think a lazy morning on board and a final lunch (airport bus time permitting) will be just the thing.

Confession time - at the end of our very first cruise BC (before children) in the early '90s, I actually cried on the last morning because I didn't want the cruise to come to an end!

You're not the only one! The only holiday I've ever had where I actually shed a tear at the end ... :o

Last Christmas we decided to take the farewell to Barbados trip for a change rather than sitting on the ship carrying around your hand luggage all day.

The trip was very good and lunch was included with plenty or room on the buses for last minute purchases.

You are dropped off at the airport and guided through your own entrance to securuty and are in the departurte lounge within 5 - 10 minutes. A nice way to end a lovely holiday.

The airport VIP lounge upstairs is farely basic but the seats are more comfortable and there are plenty of nibbles etc.

Hi Hooked Cruiser.

Can you pay on the day for the airport lounge and can you remember how much it was roughly Thank you. We are also going on the farewell to Barbados trip at the end of our xmas Cruise [emoji1]

Yes you can Karen, my husband is a member through his bank account and he just pays for me, I have pre booked it in UK and it was £15, but it is better if you pay on day as depends on how long a wait you have for flight and you can decide if it is worth it, plenty of beverages and snacks in a relaxed environment.