10 day coastal cruise

vbecky

Anyone have any info on the 10 day Coastal cruise from Vancouver B.C.? Sailing in October looking for any info from someone that has sailed before?

Your question is very broad. What is it you want to know? Port Information? Ship Information? Dining Information? We have been on the Star and have been on a CA coastal, just not RT Vancouver.

This cruise has something I've never seen before. It has an overnight in San Francisco but it arrives at 1 pm right smack in the middle of the Fleet Week shows! Might be really fun, but will be crowded in SF that day. I will be on the Grand Princess boarding for another Cal Coastal when the Fleet week activities begin, but I cant imagine being actually on the other ship going under the Golden Gate then entering the Bay with all the Military ships and the Blue Angels Fly-Over......will watch and see!!:eek:

That will be a crazy-crowded and noisy weekend in San Francisco but quite fun for those who enjoy the excitement that Fleet Week always brings. I am surprised that the Star will be coming into port at that hour because there usually are hundreds of sailboats and motorcraft in the bay during special events like this. It should be lots of fun.

That will be a crazy-crowded and noisy weekend in San Francisco but quite fun for those who enjoy the excitement that Fleet Week always brings. I am surprised that the Star will be coming into port at that hour because there usually are hundreds of sailboats and motorcraft in the bay during special events like this. It should be lots of fun.

They will miss Fleet Week so they shouldn't have a mass of boats in the Bay to deal with.

Should be smooth for the Star's arrival to SF.

Me too!!! I thought it was a typo!

I believe Fleet Week in SF this year is October 8-12.

It's amazing to watch from the ship.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Wow. I guess the Crown will be able to see at least the end of it huh?uploadfromtaptalk1442944402420.jpg.11ac420622b30521f0a39bba0f81d3f3.jpg

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams)

Wow. I guess the Crown will be able to see at least the end of it huh?[ATTACH]363275[/ATTACH]

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams)

You'll have the BEST view...Go to the area on top of the ships bridge!

It's just amazing when the Blue Angles buzz the ship. They usually fly around 3pm.

Enjoy:)

Is it accessible? I use a walker

27926-profile.png

I believe there are only a couple of steps. I think you would be ok. If not you could get real close.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk