Epic Refurbishment

Single Cruiser

On the 19 Oct voyage, they cancelled the Latitudes and ShoreEx paid behind the scenes tours. they said that there was still refurbishment work going on and lots of materials in the crew areas and for safety reasons they were not running tours (despite the advertisements).

I didn't see the Carlo's cake shop, where was it? There was a case of cakes in the Cafe but they were free.

Carlos is usually in the atrium cafe - my guess is that they didn't have carlos cakes delivered to Southampton as it isn't their usual port? They used to have the free pound cakes in there before carlos.

Can't wait to see it all in person on our January 24th Cruise. What is replacing Nickelodeon for children as our young one is travelling with us?:rolleyes:

if the kids program is the same as escape now, they are launching a family friendly approach with focus on entertainment and education involving all the family - so you can still drop your kids off, but there will be activities mum and dad can join in with as well should you wish. Its been organised by the kings foundation which is a uk charity I believe. The characters have definitely gone - but sounds like NCL was ready for change, as they felt the characters left out a lot of the older kids who had outgrown Nick.

Carlos is usually in the atrium cafe - my guess is that they didn't have carlos cakes delivered to Southampton as it isn't their usual port? They used to have the free pound cakes in there before carlos.

Yes it was the free pound cakes they had there. Weird though as I would have thought the Carlos cakes would be made on-board like everything else....

Yes it was the free pound cakes they had there. Weird though as I would have thought the Carlos cakes would be made on-board like everything else....

They are probably made on site but from specific carlos branded ingredients or mixes which southampton didn't have perhaps. Or maybe just finished off onboard. I know a lot of onboard stuff is also frozen and just finished off by the chefs.

Is Carlos a complimentary cafe? Just wondering where you can get a decent cup of coffee .

Is Carlos a complimentary cafe? Just wondering where you can get a decent cup of coffee .

no - they sell the lavazza speciality coffees and the cakes are a few $ per slice but look great. :) The coffees are only a couple of $ each i think.

I'm glad Priscilla is keeping itself true to form. I would dislike any modifications to it. The Rock of Ages on Breakaway pushed the envelope and was an adults only show. If they put a disclaimer in then it shouldn't be that bad. I think a lot of people may not know what the show is about. I think it will be fun, possibly educational for an adult audience but the songs are amazing!

I can't wait! 4 weeks until I fly out for my Epic cruise! :)

I'm glad Priscilla is keeping itself true to form. I would dislike any modifications to it. The Rock of Ages on Breakaway pushed the envelope and was an adults only show. If they put a disclaimer in then it shouldn't be that bad. I think a lot of people may not know what the show is about. I think it will be fun, possibly educational for an adult audience but the songs are amazing!

I can't wait! 4 weeks until I fly out for my Epic cruise! :)

We took our kids to see ROA in Glasgow last year....oops...hadn't done our research [emoji5]️

Here are several photos I took of the first post-drydock cruise (I just disembarked from the Epic on Sunday, Oct. 25). Once again thanks to all of the contributors who provided updates during the drydock.

I had a couple of old photos of the Haven's Epic Club and Dining room from a previous cruise, and I think you'll see how they've upscaled the look -- no longer gaudy faux gold tables and accessories. NOTE: I guess we can only post 6 photos at a time... the Haven series will be posted immediately after this post...

First impression: walking onboard the ship during embarkation:

Epic%20-%20Main%20walkway%20deck%205_zpssfxahdmi.jpg

Internet Center:

Epic%20-%20Internet%20Center_zpseqikmieh.jpg

Atrium/Bar area:

Epic%20-%20Atrium%20Bar_zpslin7hful.jpg

Art Gallery near elevators:

Epic%20-%20Gallery_zpsr4s1wcsa.jpg

Cavern Club during Cruise Critic M&M (thanks again, John!)

Epic%20-%20Cavern%20Club%20-%20Cruise%20Critics%20Meet%20and%20Greet_zpskgf3jdwn.jpg

Follow up to my post immediately above...

BEFORE: 2014 Haven Epic Club bar (notice faux gold everywhere!)

2caa8ed0-99b0-4a7d-a5fa-c9af4b81606e_zpsa6wej8iw.jpg

AFTER: October 2015 Haven Epic Club bar (notice the Alice in Wonderland tall chairs have disappeared, too)

Epic%20-%20Haven%20Epic%20Club_zpshhe7dkaw.jpg

BEFORE: 2014 Epic Club Haven Dining Room

Old%202014%20Epic%20dining%20Room_zpsggxtaigc.jpg

AFTER: 2015 Epic Club Haven Dining Room

Epic%20-%20Haven%20Epic%20Dining%20Room_zpsmfrftx1i.jpg

Haven Concierge Area (2 photos):

Epic%20-%20Haven%20Epic%20Concierge%20Full%20Area_zps1zcjzcgv.jpg

Epic%20-%20Haven%20Epic%20Concierge%20Desk_zpsadspuktl.jpg

Wow thanks again for posting these amazing photos. I love everything they did except the Haven lounge. Gone is the over the top Alice in wonderland fun lounge to a place that looks like a library. Does not look fun or a place I would want to hang out but I could see some old people playing checkers there :eek:

I even love the new concierge desk and Haven restaurant. Great job overall but the Haven lounge is BORING.

what's the new Cagney's/Moderno bar called? I'm doing some invitations to meet there and don't know what they call it.

I don't think it has a name other than the "Cagney's Bar". Attached is photo from 10/24/15. Harder to see, but the old wooden railing that use to separate the entry from the dining rooms are gone are both sides and the Moderno salad bar is moved off to the left side.

12285ded0a552461560c61da25a3eabf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BirdTravels

I don't think it has a name other than the "Cagney's Bar". Attached is photo from 10/24/15. Harder to see, but the old wooden railing that use to separate the entry from the dining rooms are gone are both sides and the Moderno salad bar is moved off to the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! Fab photo! Can't wait for Feb now.....,

Thanks to all who have posted with photos and information. I will be on the Epic for the first time in April with a solo cabin in the Studio. Does anyone have information about changes there. I am hoping that they kept the original coffee machines there, as I truly enjoyed that perk on my cruise on the Breakaway last year.

Thanks again!

Thanks to all who have posted with photos and information. I will be on the Epic for the first time in April with a solo cabin in the Studio. Does anyone have information about changes there. I am hoping that they kept the original coffee machines there, as I truly enjoyed that perk on my cruise on the Breakaway last year.

Thanks again!

I haven't heard about any changes, I imagine they probably kept that coffee machine. :) the officers also use it, so there would be uproar if it went!! If the door is still open I will sneak in for a peek in January!

I miss those horses at the entrance! Those things were a ton of fun. The decor in that area was truly something unique. Some of the more odd features of the Epic which made it unique have disappeared in the dry dock but the crapping dog will make for some awesome photos though!

Thanks for sharing BirdTravels! :)