Barcelona - Parc Guell - Gaudi

Roo

The fastest way to get to Parc Guell would be by taxi. It would take between 25 and 30 minutes for the driver to take the 10 kilometer trip from the port and the cost would be around 35 euros. Note that there is a motorway route that they can take that is around 20 kilometers, but avoids city traffic. The cost escalates though to 40 euros or so.

The park website defines the many more economical public transportation options. They all involve a 10 to 15 minute walk to get to the park.

http://www.parkguell.cat/en/how-to-get-here/

Thanks for the details. I was wondering if you know how to get from the port to Parc Guell - which bus leaves the port and where and what do I transfer to?

Now that I have you - one more question please?! Regular taxi from Barcelona airport to port. I have read a number of things, but do I understand correctly that there is a standard additional cost per bag? per person? also fee for leaving the airport? I think I read that it will cost about 30euro (on a Thursday around 1:30pm).

Great big thanks for your time and answers.

Nancy

The fastest way to get to Parc Guell would be by taxi. It would take between 25 and 30 minutes for the driver to take the 10 kilometer trip from the port and the cost would be around 35 euros. Note that there is a motorway route that they can take that is around 20 kilometers, but avoids city traffic. The cost escalates though to 40 euros or so.

The park website defines the many more economical public transportation options. They all involve a 10 to 15 minute walk to get to the park.

http://www.parkguell.cat/en/how-to-get-here/

From 2015 Barcelona established a 39 euro set fare from the airport to and from the port. This includes all supplements for up to 4 passengers.

While you might with luck get to the port with 35 or 36 euro with meter on a weekday, it is usually best to just go ahead and take the set fare now, especially if you have bags that are charged.

Airport to city/hotel is metered only and the minimum fare is 20 euro. The average central metered fare would be around 29 including the airport fee and the large bags would be one euro additional per bag.

It is very easy to DIY in Barcelona, but you should definitely take a cab to get to Parc Guell as it is at the top of a very steep hill. If you plan to go to Sagrada Familia, buy tickets online ahead of time - the line when we were there was around the block, but with the pre-purchased tickets we just walked right in. Unless you are really, really into it - I would recommend either Casa Mila OR La Pedrera, not both.

Are you coming from the cruise port or will you already be in Barcelona? Bus#24 begins in Placa Catalunya and ends up in front of the entrance of Parc Guell. If you are at the port, you will have to walk out to the area near the Columbus monument and take the bus to Placa Catalunya and then transfer to the 24. Check googlemaps for the exact bus and bus stop location from wherever you will be starting from. You can buy tickets for both Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell online and save the wait time.