Just got off Carnival Dream, my experience.

Joliving4Jesus

So glad others had a great experience, I think had we cruised as a couple the experience would have been much different, still wouldn't have changed the room heat but dining times would have been less with less people and no dealings with rude camp staff, the rest of the staff was excellent, especially dinning room waiters. I am also surprised about the lido buffets, at 8pm each night they would put up buffet closed signs and take it down, I don't know what was up with that, it seemed different for others, so confusing but I'm glad you had a good time!

Did you check out the whole buffet? They always close down the sections on one side but usually have the other side open.

I really wish I had seen this review before I booked on this ship! We just booked 5 cabins total and have 6 children between the ages of 2.5 and 8 traveling with us and I'm going to be more than livid if a service that is suppose to provide us with breaks from the kids turns into a nightmare situation such as yours. I will be watching future reviews on this subject very closely.

Sounds like you already have a chip on shoulder and have decided how you will react to situations that may cause you some irritation....relax and see how it goes...tricky with kids, they are fussy, picky about food, are not preplanners :rolleyes: and kind of whine they don't get their own way, It comes with the territory so sometimes you plan around that and not fault the environment cause you could not go to dinner with just the adults or had to entertain your own kids for a period of time (its called a FAMILY vacation), back up plan B and probably C is probably good idea to head off any irritations...;)

Don't take my comment out of context...Do you know me to form an opinion in regard to my expectations or how I would react to situations? No, I didn't think so! Read again carefully this time...I simply said this would be something I'd be watching closely. By that I meant (not that I should have to explain this to a complete stranger) if this becomes a trend with the Dream kids club I'd probably change ships to one that has a staff in their kids club that actually wants to interact with the children not one that looks for reasons to turn them away or doesn't seem to enjoy their job. Don't even make this like it's our goal to dump our children off on someone else so we can vacation...We plan to eat with our children at all meals because it is a FAMILY vacation and we also do not mind interacting with them or entertaining them. Actually, can you believe we planned to do both!:rolleyes: My deal is kids like to be and play with other kids which is the environment the kids club is suppose to provide for them. We are not willing to leave our children in an environment that would be anything less than a positive emotional growing experience for them. While you might think otherwise and I really don't care--we're actually very realistic and chill people. One of the reasons we chose a cruise was because it had so much to offer everyone in our group. Expecting an amenity to be available that we're paying for I don't feel is being unreasonable. It's like going to an amusement park and paying your admission and then finding out the ride you went there for is down for maintenance and is out of service for that day. Would you still have fun? Yes, of course you would however if you had known you'd probably have chosen a different day wouldn't you?;)

Wow, I'm sorry but I found this to be quite disrespectful, I am glad you are enjoying your cruise but I did not lie about any of my experiences, me and my entire family woke up sweating each day in our rooms including my babies, dinning room times were close to 2 hours for our party of 7 and 8 and check back on that laundry toward the end, we went toward the end and 3 dryers were broke, we were not the only ones to complain, several people did and they just got signs put up, never fixed, to simply state not to believe what you read just because your experience has been different on a totally different sailing is quite rude. We are not complainers usually, we are a family that had no complaints on the tiny, no longer in existence carnival holiday, the dream was a let down on our sailing and the sewage smell could have certainly been fixed, it was definitely there and I read several other people that cruised around the same time as me say they smelled it too. Great that your experience has been positive, that doesn't mean others had the same experience.

Nothing in my response was disrespectful. Never did I say you lied( so quit feeling guilty about being a lier) I simply state that my experience has been far different than yours. Quit being so sensitive. Unless there's s reason your being so sensitive

Edited by honestguy

I have sailed on the Dream twice, once during Spring Break when it was extremely packed with lots of kids. I have never EVER had a long dining experience. Is it longer than some sit down restaurants on land? Of course, but not by a whole lot. I often wonder if people are "doing it wrong" so to speak. We always look over the menu and order ALL of our selections at once. Are you ordering one course at a time? That would take forever. Order it all at once and they bring things out to you starting with the app and then as you finish the next course is ready to be served. Lines were also never an issue for MTD as I see some people complain about. The only times we saw lines were right after shows got out. If you got a pager it was a 10 minute wait at most and if you just went and enjoyed a drink at the bar the line would be gone by the time you were done. People see one little thing and just complain without thinking WHY things were the way they were or what other things could you do to make your experience better.

So you shouldn't fault an extremely rude childcare staff that paid no attention to your kids when they are being paid to do so? Yes, it IS a family vacation and that is why my kids were with me 80% of the time but to want a peaceful dinner and a little time to relax with my husband and older son on occasion is certainly not a crime, and is actually quite healthy for parents to do from time to time. I chose a cruise for my family for many reasons one of them being the childcare provided so we could have a little time to ourselves, people that don't understand that are usually not parents themselves or their kids are grown and they've forgot, I am with my kids all the time and me and my husband deserved that little break for what we paid on this cruise, camp staff was atrocious on the Dream and if you read any of the other responses you'd see others complained about it on dream too, never any camp issues on any other sailings.

I am with you on this 100%. Quite a few young children cry for a little bit when left in childcare situations. I know our little guy did when on the Legend. We would stay in the hallways where he couldn't see us, and within 5 minutes began playing with the other kids. The staff was excellent and never suggested we couldn't leave him, or made us feel strange about it. Why would they, it is a normal development milestone with kids to have some separation anxiety and someone good with kids distracts them and gets the kids involved in a fun activity. We would come back and watch Camp on the video monitor to make sure everything was okay in between dinner and the show. Part of the reason for choosing a cruise over a land vacation is camp carnival (and having someone else cook and make beds) If not for that, I would rent a beach house every vacation. I also do laundry when I am with my kids on board. I haven't sailed on the Dream, but glad the OP shared about Camp Carnival so others have an idea about it.

I'm going to be more than livid if a service that is suppose to provide us with breaks from the kids turns into a nightmare situation such as yours.

Hmmmm....lets see, you are posting your feelings and comments on a public forum of STRANGERS.....you use words like "livid" and provide us with breaks from the kids....turns into a nightmare situation.....Yeah, I think I understood you just fine....just sayin....relax and stay calm, I am sure your cruise will be just fine....don't let stuff like this ruin it!!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm going to be more than livid if a service that is suppose to provide us with breaks from the kids turns into a nightmare situation such as yours.

Hmmmm....lets see, you are posting your feelings and comments on a public forum of STRANGERS.....you use words like "livid" and provide us with breaks from the kids....turns into a nightmare situation.....Yeah, I think I understood you just fine....just sayin....relax and stay calm, I am sure your cruise will be just fine....don't let stuff like this ruin it!!!!! :rolleyes:

Need I remind you...this is not my thread. I would suggest you go up and read the FAQ pages to understand how truly out of line, rude and annoying you're being to not only the original poster but also to myself. I commented on a thread. I did not at ANYTIME solicit your opinions or advice! You're suppose to address the "subject" not the other people also commenting on the thread unless you're asked for advice by them. If you were truly trying to be helpful that would be one thing but all the sarcastic smiley's and snide comments say otherwise. I'm pretty much done with this game of yours so you have a great day! :D

If you were truly trying to be helpful that would be one thing but all the sarcastic smiley's and snide comments say otherwise. I'm pretty much done with this game of yours so you have a great day!

Bad Day???? :confused::confused::confused: