Alaska 2007

Janet S.

Can't answer that for you, but here's a 'heads up'...we sat at the Captain's Table (not the Captain though...it was head of finances and head of food/beverage) back in May on the Serenade. Dennis, the head of finances, told us that there is a possiblity of the Serenade going to the Mediterrean beginning 2007. You might want to look for that change and to have alternate ideas just in case you were considering the Serenade. Sorry we can't confirm this...other than what he stated at dinner.

Something else to consider...

If the #2 Freedom-class ship is delivered in spring of 2007, it's remotely possible that RCI would deploy a Voyager-class ship to ALASKA for the summer season.

And before anyone mentions it...I realize these ships are unable to navigate the Panama canal. However, I can assure you that with as many Voyager-class ships as currently exist, plus the 3 Freedom-class vessels, RCI most definitely will send a ship out West in the future.

You must remember that Sovereign, Monarch & Majesty were all RCI's "bread & butter" Caribbean ships for much of the early nineties; their success helped build every ship since. They were the largest ships of their day. And now...they handle the 3 & 4 night runs for RCI; Monarch does it year-round out of Long Beach.

Voyager-class on the west coast...VERY POSSIBLE (and wouldn't you guys out there LOVE THAT?)!

:rolleyes:

That would stink if Serenade goes to the Mediterranean in 2007. We were hoping to do an Alaska cruise on this ship since we just went on our first cruise back in April on this ship. :)

Next year would be out for us to do a cruise - large possibility of a company re-location (not going) & moving to Florida vs. staying here in CT.

If the #2 Freedom-class ship is delivered in spring of 2007, it's remotely possible that RCI would deploy a Voyager-class ship to ALASKA for the summer season.

And before anyone mentions it...I realize these ships are unable to navigate the Panama canal. However, I can assure you that with as many Voyager-class ships as currently exist, plus the 3 Freedom-class vessels, RCI most definitely will send a ship out West in the future.

You must remember that Sovereign, Monarch & Majesty were all RCI's "bread & butter" Caribbean ships for much of the early nineties; their success helped build every ship since. They were the largest ships of their day. And now...they handle the 3 & 4 night runs for RCI; Monarch does it year-round out of Long Beach.

Voyager-class on the west coast...VERY POSSIBLE (and wouldn't you guys out there LOVE THAT?)!

I think you're more likely to see the Voyager class ships in Europe rather than see any of them make the trip around the continent to be stationed permanently on the west coast.

It's not completely unrealistic. I could see a Voyager class doing a year round stent between Alaska and Hawaii, never returning to the east coast again. I just think it's unlikely and more wishful thinking than anything else.

Several posters with good sources have reported that Navigator will be coming to LA in 2007, with a South America repo trip to get her there. And Monarch sails from San Pedro, not Long Beach, BTW.

Archived