Free last minute RCI cruise

I can tell you that certain members of my family can get be on a plane and flying to a destination in less than an hour of receiving the phone call. It wasn't for a cruise, but one of my aunts received a phone call about a family emergency. She called her husband who got her the flight while she threw some stuff in a bag. She drove to the airport (she lives 20 minutes away from the airport) and literally was on a flight less than an hour after the call.

Following her example, I think I could do just as well, especially for a cruise. This is why I conveniently scheduled no work or class on Mondays or Fridays and why I've saved up my absences, and why I keep my passport up to date. You never know when somebody is going to offer you a trip to Paris (or a cruise) for the weekend. I subscribe to the buy stuff when you get there - also, that's what the ship's laundry is for.

Made ya look-

No, seriously, if you were to be offered a free RCI cruise, how quickly could you and your family be out the door with no notice-

I mean what is your absolute minimum amount of time that you would need to get out the door and on the plane-

Would depend on the cruise's departure point.

If the cruise was leaving from my "home port" ... Philadelphia ... 24 hours tops. But if I had to fly to get to the embarkation point, the cruise would be far from free. The airfare alone ... at the last minute with basically no discounts at all ... would be a killer and would render that cruise as being one of the more expensive ones I take.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I can tell you that certain members of my family can get be on a plane and flying to a destination in less than an hour of receiving the phone call. It wasn't for a cruise, but one of my aunts received a phone call about a family emergency. She called her husband who got her the flight while she threw some stuff in a bag. She drove to the airport (she lives 20 minutes away from the airport) and literally was on a flight less than an hour after the call.

I got stuck in Fort Lauderdale after having missed the boat on my first cruise. My TA was frantically trying to get me a room overnight with the plan being to fly me to Costa Rica in the morning. As luck would have it, there was a big convention going on and not a single room to be had anywhere in the general vicinity of Fort Lauderdale.

He had me on a flight leaving for Atlanta in like 30 minutes. There were flights I could get to Costa Rica left from there the next morning.

I had no idea you could get on a flight leaving in 30 minutes ... but it is doable. A HAL rep got me whisked through security and stayed with me until he knew I had made it safely onboard the airplane.

Of course, the flights both to Atlanta and to San Jose, Costa Rica were pricey, being that they were last minute bookings ... but luckily insurance covered some of it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

:( It's no wonder that newbies are afraid to post! It doesn't matter what the post is about it seems that someone has to be nasty!:rolleyes:

Oh.. You are SOOO RIGHT!

posters will find a negative thing to say.. no matter WHAT the topic is... They live in misery.. they hate life.. they hate people..they hate themselves... and we cruise with these fools? and THEY are the first to COMPLAIN...

Kudos to all the nice posters... and to the OP.. FUN THREAD! :) thanks!

maybe it is the fumes........or just annoying people posting dumb mesages on the site......i beg the lord in never get trapped in a elevator (or a crusie ship )

with you two

THAT WAS NOT NECESSARY.. I hope you get banned from the boards.. your comments are not needed here if that is how you treat people.

Besides.. you can not even spell... and you are critizing others?

No fair, look where you live...you don't need a cruise!!! You cheated in my game, therefore you have been disqualified-

New rule-no one who lives on any beautiful Caribbean island is allowed to play-

Lucky dog you!!!

Okay. But I love to cruise too. Don't really care where it goes, just as long as I go!

maybe it is the fumes........or just annoying people posting dumb messages on the site......i beg the lord in never get trapped in a elevator (or a crusie ship )

with you two

In response to this and your other mean-spirited posts on this thread:

36_11_22.gif

Definition of a Troll

2. n. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, “Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll.”

Let's see, it's a FREE cruise right? Therefore no money needed which saves about $6k, who needs to pack???? Just get to the airport and buy what you need along the way.

Have kid at home to take care of critters....can call in sick from the cell phone...live about 20 minutes away from McCarran...No problem...I'm there...What's my suite number? 7_6_4.gif and where are we going?

28_1_14.gif

now i know what a troll is, anybody posting stupid replies to my comments....you are all trolls (thanks for the definition) i certaintly hope rccl looks at all your names and bans all of you from future cruises on their ships....making life on the ocea nmore fun for all of us.......have a nice day..

I'm dying to ask-what possessed you to count the steps to work???

I was telling my mother (who's 88) how close I live to work - I thought it'd be easier for her to understand just how close if I counted steps. When I went the first weekend after we moved to see her, I took her for a walk and we counted steps and she was able to realize just how close I am to the office. Now every weekend we 'walk to work' a couple times, and during the week, I ask if she got some exercise in by 'walking to work'. (We don't always count the steps, but you get the idea.)

Michele

now i know what a troll is, anybody posting stupid replies to my comments....you are all trolls (thanks for the definition) i certaintly hope rccl looks at all your names and bans all of you from future cruises on their ships....making life on the ocea nmore fun for all of us.......have a nice day..

njtom-your behavior has caused me to do this, so don't cry about it-no one here is being rude but you, no one thinks this thread is stupid except you, so I am now forced to lower myself to your level and treat you as you treat others-are you ready-here goes-

new definition of TROLLS, just for njtom-

T.R.O.L.L.S.= Terribly Rude & Offensive due to Laughingly Little Sex-organ!!!

He he...I can be rude too!!:D

[quote name='Michuck']I was telling my mother (who's 88) how close I live to work - I thought it'd be easier for her to understand just how close if I counted steps. When I went the first weekend after we moved to see her, I took her for a walk and we counted steps and she was able to realize just how close I am to the office. Now every weekend we 'walk to work' a couple times, and during the week, I ask if she got some exercise in by 'walking to work'. (We don't always count the steps, but you get the idea.)

Michele[/QUOTE]

That's really cute!!

I am really getting jealous over all these Florida folks who live so close to so many ports and have so many last-minute options, especially if a really great deal comes along last minute-

However, I don't know if I would trade places with you guys and your exciting weather issues-Iguess anywhere you live has good and bad points-

What I am wondering is this-watching tv from LA, all I see about Florida is hurricane this, hurricane that, death and destruction....but I know that people who are elsewhere watch LA on tv and see earthquake this, gang violence that, blah blah-none of which affect me at all on a day to day basis-so I am wondering, are the Florida storms as much of a non-issue to Florida people (most of the time, clearly not this storm season) as the earthquakes, smog and other bad press issues in LA are a non-issue to most of us LA people-

Please, Florida people, let me know, maybe what I really need to do is to move to Florida so I can be 254 steps away from work and 30 minutes away from jumping on a last minute cruise...

[quote name='ElvisandTracey']I am really getting jealous over all these Florida folks who live so close to so many ports and have so many last-minute options, especially if a really great deal comes along last minute-

However, I don't know if I would trade places with you guys and your exciting weather issues-Iguess anywhere you live has good and bad points-

What I am wondering is this-watching tv from LA, all I see about Florida is hurricane this, hurricane that, death and destruction....but I know that people who are elsewhere watch LA on tv and see earthquake this, gang violence that, blah blah-none of which affect me at all on a day to day basis-so I am wondering, are the Florida storms as much of a non-issue to Florida people (most of the time, clearly not this storm season) as the earthquakes, smog and other bad press issues in LA are a non-issue to most of us LA people-

Please, Florida people, let me know, maybe what I really need to do is to move to Florida so I can be 254 steps away from work and 30 minutes away from jumping on a last minute cruise...[/QUOTE]

First of all, it's 234 steps, not 254....but who's counting?? LOL!! Bear in mind that before we bought our apartment so close to the office, I travelled about an hour to work in traffic.....I'm just one of the luckier ones now....most I know travel at least an hour.

The one good thing about hurricane season, is it's just that - a 'season'. We don't get that kind of weather any other time of the year, whereas an earthquake can happen at any time, there's no warning and to me, that would be a lot more stressful.....

Michele

[quote name='ElvisandTracey']njtom-your behavior has caused me to do this, so don't cry about it-no one here is being rude but you, no one thinks this thread is stupid except you, so I am now forced to lower myself to your level and treat you as you treat others-are you ready-here goes-

new definition of TROLLS, just for njtom-

T.R.O.L.L.S.= Terribly Rude & Offensive due to Laughingly Little Sex-organ!!!

He he...I can be rude too!!:D[/QUOTE]

Fabulous.. (as he was the only onle being an a$$, and he thinks others should be banned.. or whatever... oh well,... just a board, but just the same is very rude and inconsiderate... and again I say... can't spell either.. I was the first to post to his rudeness after attacking the original poster.. what a fool njtom...

and the tread is fun.......:)

Me? I have to take about 3 hours to pack, and 2 hours from port canaveral.
work.. I am the boss, so I don't have to call.. but would just to say.. BYE!

Archived