Free last minute RCI cruise

Made ya look-

No, seriously, if you were to be offered a free RCI cruise, how quickly could you and your family be out the door with no notice-

I mean what is your absolute minimum amount of time that you would need to get out the door and on the plane-

24 hours? 12 hours? Could anyone do it in an hour?? I mean pack, passports, someone to feed the dog, time off work, kids out of school, everything??

How quickly could you realistically "get out there"??

I actually have a bag packed all the time, just in case. Just the basics, and would need some altering depending on the destination and lenght of the trip, but its a start.

I think I could realistically get out the door in 5 hours-thats 2 loads of laundry and time to pack and coordinate.

Can anyone beat me?? How long would it take you to "get out there"??

My wife and I could be packed and out the door in under three hours. This includes droping the dog off at my grandma's for the week.

We would just have any laundry that needed to be done done on the ship.

Set the thermostat, turn off the lights, lock the doors and head for the airport.

elvis and tracey,

since your bags are already to go, then why don't you actually go and stop posting dumb "what if " scenerios........

and i already beat you because i just left my house as i was typing and packing at the same time.............i'm already in the terminal...........

elvis and tracey,

since your bags are already to go, then why don't you actually go and stop posting dumb "what if " scenerios........

and i already beat you because i just left my house as i was typing and packing at the same time.............i'm already in the terminal...........

If it was so dumb, why did you answer???

Don't get all salty at me because I fooled you and got your hopes up that somewhere in the universe ther was actually a free last-minute cruise!!

Have some fun, its fun, you know, fun....

I think I could be out the door in an hour, live in a condo, just need to turn up the air, close the drapes. Have suitcase in closet, and passports in safe, feel I could be on the road in an hour. We only live one hour from port carnavel, and about 5 hours from Miami. If it is free, could buy what I forget.

I work not too far away. 10 minutes in a cab. Would shop on the ship and at port for everything. No pets, air is always on, no laundry -- I could use some new undies:p . Will not shut down computer at work -- just hit the power button and hope for the best. I am ready now.

Which pier do I report do????

:( It's no wonder that newbies are afraid to post! It doesn't matter what the post is about it seems that someone has to be nasty!:rolleyes:

I hope you didn't think I was being nasty-I was actually responding to someone being nasty to me-

SecretMe-under 30 minutes-wow!! what about beautiful NYC traffic?? I know I live in LA but I found that in NYC it takes 2 hours to get just about anywhere-but maybe that's because I don't know my way around??

elvis and tracey,

That seems mean to call their post dumb. They were asking an interesting question about how last minute people can travel.

Since we live in the Midwest, it would take us awhile because we would have to find airfare. I would say at least a few days, depending on finding flights that would work and giving notice at work.

I hope you didn't think I was being nasty-I was actually responding to someone being nasty to me-

SecretMe-under 30 minutes-wow!! what about beautiful NYC traffic?? I know I live in LA but I found that in NYC it takes 2 hours to get just about anywhere-but maybe that's because I don't know my way around??

Hop in a NYC Yellow cab and give him $20 if he can get you to 12th Ave (where the pier is) in 10 minutes. You will make it.:p I am exactly across town from the pier. Maybe 8 blocks. The pier is on the Westside of Manhattan at 54th Street and I am now sitting on the eastside of 54th.

I once booked a Vegas last minute trip on the Internet at 11:30 a.m. at my desk at work. I cleared up the work on my desk, took lunch, put in for vacation and was at the airport (by subway) in plenty of time to catch a 3:00 p.m. flight. I can move when it suits me:eek:

I could be at the Port of Miami and checking in in under an hour. I work 234 steps from home (takes less than 2 minutes to walk here), and only 20 minutes from the Port. Just need time to tell boss I'm going, throw a few things into a bag, and head on out...add about 40 minutes to Port Everglades.

Michele

Looking at the Navigator and Jewel from my window right now. Could be on there in 45 minutes or less!

No fair, look where you live...you don't need a cruise!!! You cheated in my game, therefore you have been disqualified-

New rule-no one who lives on any beautiful Caribbean island is allowed to play-

Lucky dog you!!!

I could be at the Port of Miami and checking in in under an hour. I work 234 steps from home (takes less than 2 minutes to walk here), and only 20 minutes from the Port. Just need time to tell boss I'm going, throw a few things into a bag, and head on out...add about 40 minutes to Port Everglades.

Michele

I'm dying to ask-what possessed you to count the steps to work???

oh sorry, i forgot to say it would take me about 20 days, 1 day to pack, and 19 days to read the posts of people who get easily offended at a joke.....especically people in the midwest.......anyway, who needs to pack, but soem clothes in the gift shop or on a island.........jsut bring a bathing suit and change of underwear..........most isles have cheap clothes you can get, except bermuda, even their dollar stores are expensive ($ 2 an item) so it should be called the 2 dollar store.....huumm?

Since my husbands boss (real feelings about the man not posted here) is not so great about when he can take time off we could not do it at all. I could go without him but what fun would that be? Unless I could get my cruise sistas to go with me.

Since my husbands boss (real feelings about the man not posted here) is not so great about when he can take time off we could not do it at all. I could go without him but what fun would that be? Unless I could get my cruise sistas to go with me.

Couldn't your husband get sick-cough cough, sniff sniff...it IS almost cold & flu season, and I've heard that the average case of the flu takes about 3-5 days...:rolleyes:

Darn tan lines give it away every time.

Oh, my mistake,it wasn't the flu at all...skin disorder-it was a rare skin disorder, which lasts 5 days, and leaves the patient with strange, pattern-like skin discolorations all over the body-its from the high fever you know-leaves the skin almost orange in some places-white in others-like his high fever positively burned his skin!!

no-don't but that one-ok, B12, an overdose of B12-that can discolor the skin can't it?? He took a B12 injection at the dr. office and they gave him a high dosage and it turned him orange...

No?? I got a million of them-

OK - I could actually be AT the port in less than 2 hrs. That's assuming I'm in the office when I get the "call" - if I'm home, knock 20 minutes off of that time. Quick call to regular cat sitter; drop "vacation request" form off on HR director's desk and I'm off! Since I travel to cat shows several times a month, I've got a bag always packed with duplicate toiletries and cosmetics and some clean underwear - just need a couple of outfits, bathing suit and passport - 15-25 minute drive to Bayonne depending on traffic and I'm on board!

Alas, I would have to leave DH at home - he's been packing and repacking for several days now for a lousy 4 day trip to a beer festival in Denver - definitely NOT a spur-of-the moment guy!

I could be there in 4 hours since I live in the midwest. Just head to the airport leave the kids at homre with 50 bucks tell my wife I will see her in 5 days. Because if I wait for her it would be 4 months before we left. You know women--SMILE-JUST KIDDING.

Archived