Help, I'm lost on what to do in Nassau!

colleenod

We will be in Nassau in two weeks (yay). But, having never been there before I have no idea what to do! I would like to visit the straw market and go to a beach. We love swimming and snorkeling (we bring our own). I never book excursion (although this is only our second cruise) because I don't want to spend tons of money... Any suggestions, I will have a teenager, my hubby and my mother with me. Mom has trouble walking far distances. TIA!!! [emoji572]️[emoji572]️[emoji572]️

We will be in Nassau in two weeks (yay). But, having never been there before I have no idea what to do! I would like to visit the straw market and go to a beach. We love swimming and snorkeling (we bring our own). I never book excursion (although this is only our second cruise) because I don't want to spend tons of money... Any suggestions, I will have a teenager, my hubby and my mother with me. Mom has trouble walking far distances. TIA!!! [emoji572]️[emoji572]️[emoji572]️

If you are looking for cheap/free and want to hit up the straw market and go to the beach I would suggest Junkanoo beach. Its free and is within walking distance(if i had to guess maybe a half mile?). and you would pass the straw market on your way there and back.

-Matt

If you are looking for cheap/free and want to hit up the straw market and go to the beach I would suggest Junkanoo beach. Its free and is within walking distance(if i had to guess maybe a half mile?). and you would pass the straw market on your way there and back.

-Matt

Thanks for the info Matt!

Subscribing, because Im interested too.

mjkacmom - hotel day passes... can you be more specific?

There are tons of threads on this forum with hotels, locations, costs, etc.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/search/results.cfm?q=Nassau+hotel+day+passes&x=0&y=0

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1972543

Edited by mjkacmom

In Nassau we have enjoyed the Melia on Cable Beach as it has several pools as well as a nice stretch of beach. It is comfortable, with lots of lounge chairs, shade, a lobby with a snack bar etc. We take a van cab from the pier.

They have a website with good photos. Just one idea.

There are many options for beach day passes in Nassau, as described on this forum.

Did you book this on the website? It looks they are offering a 20% discount, so the basic package would be $52 per person. Any idea what the lunch includes?

Thanks!

Yes , I booked online and they sent an email confirmation, in terms of lunch all it says is:

A savoury Bahamian picnic lunch

Sounds most excellent, can't wait

• 3 months later...
We are giving this a try. Basic package snorkeling, boat tour and beach all food and drinks included. You can also pay extra to para sail, banana boat or jet ski, what a way to spend Thanksgiving!

http://www.paradiseoceansports.com/

BeckinTX - can you update on your experience with this Excursion. We are a family of 8 planning on doing this on our July 4 cruise. Thanks

BeckinTX - can you update on your experience with this Excursion. We are a family of 8 planning on doing this on our July 4 cruise. Thanks

I believe he said that he was there for Thanksgiving. That is the same time we were there on our cruise. My guess the excursion was cancelled. There was major wind and waves that day.