Moving your OBC

I booked an 8 night cruise while on board last week for 2017 and received $300 OBC.I called royal to move that $ to my April 2016 cruise on the Allure because i dont have any OBC .Then while on the Allure i was going to book another one and move that OBC to the 2017 cruise.They said they no longer move OBC to an existing booking.Is this something new?I always thought you can move you OBC around.Thanks

I booked an 8 night cruise while on board last week for 2017 and received $300 OBC.I called royal to move that $ to my April 2016 cruise on the Allure because i dont have any OBC .Then while on the Allure i was going to book another one and move that OBC to the 2017 cruise.They said they no longer move OBC to an existing booking.Is this something new?I always thought you can move you OBC around.Thanks

Depends on the kind of OBC.

If the OBC is from Visa points, then this can be moved to a different cruise.

If the OBC is from booking on board or a WOW sale, then this is tied to a specific booking number and cannot be moved. You can change the booking to another cruise, but you would likely lose the OBC unless the same type of WOW sale is going on. Changing the cruise on a booking made on board may or may not keep the OBC or severely reduce the OBC, that seems to be at the whim of Royal these days.

Depends on the kind of OBC.

If the OBC is from Visa points, then this can be moved to a different cruise.

If the OBC is from booking on board or a WOW sale, then this is tied to a specific booking number and cannot be moved. You can change the booking to another cruise, but you would likely lose the OBC unless the same type of WOW sale is going on. Changing the cruise on a booking made on board may or may not keep the OBC or severely reduce the OBC, that seems to be at the whim of Royal these days.

When i booked the 2 cruises onboard they were going to credit my seapass account the $500 OBC for the cruise i was on at the time but i told them to just leave it on the other 2 cruises and i didnt need any more credit for the cruise i was on.But my intention all along was to move it to the Allure cruise because i didnt have any OBC for that one.

When i booked the 2 cruises onboard they were going to credit my seapass account the $500 OBC for the cruise i was on at the time but i told them to just leave it on the other 2 cruises and i didnt need any more credit for the cruise i was on.But my intention all along was to move it to the Allure cruise because i didnt have any OBC for that one.

The only way that could have worked is if you took the OBC immediately, took it out as cash (losing 5%), and then took the cash and bought OBC for a different cruise.

I guess you also could have cancelled the Allure cruise and rebooked on board, but then you would be priced at current rates.

The only way that could have worked is if you took the OBC immediately, took it out as cash (losing 5%), and then took the cash and bought OBC for a different cruise.

I guess you also could have cancelled the Allure cruise and rebooked on board, but then you would be priced at current rates.

Ok thanks Bob.The current price for our Allure cruise went up $1800

As Bob said, the OBC "belongs" to a certain booking number. You can't move it to a different booking number.

As with so many things, I think it depends on who you get at the CS help desk. I have had both happen to me (losing the OBC and having it moved successfully to a new booking). I even had my OBC increased once when I moved from a 7 night booking that I made onboard to an 8 night booking...my OBC actually went UP $50 b/c the bonus for an 8 night was more than it was for a 7 night. So it just depends on who you get on the phone. Bottom line...I would not settle for the answer "no, you cannot move the OBC...you will lose it if you try". I KNOW it can be done so I would keep trying until you get someone who will move it for you.

• Haha 1

As with so many things, I think it depends on who you get at the CS help desk. I have had both happen to me (losing the OBC and having it moved successfully to a new booking). I even had my OBC increased once when I moved from a 7 night booking that I made onboard to an 8 night booking...my OBC actually went UP $50 b/c the bonus for an 8 night was more than it was for a 7 night. So it just depends on who you get on the phone. Bottom line...I would not settle for the answer "no, you cannot move the OBC...you will lose it if you try". I KNOW it can be done so I would keep trying until you get someone who will move it for you.

Thanks I was thinking the same thing it seems to be who you get on the phone.

• 4 weeks later...