NCL Charging for Guppies on Escape Drop off

leeker13

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had ever had potty trained toddlers that had older siblings in splash academy, and wanted to attend splash instead of being in the guppies program.

There is no way a child who isn’t three will be able to attend splash academy, although a non potty trained three year old is welcome.

• 5 weeks later...
I've never sailed with little ones, so I'm not sure of the details. For a child under 3 is there any charge to be on the ship? Do they count as a third person in a cabin? Are they exempt from DSC?

If so, this could be part of the rationale. 3 years and up are paying for the services on the ship which includes entertainment, while under 3s are not.

Just a thought.

Yes, they are charged as a 3 guest. They are not charged tips however, until they are 2. We are sailing the Escape 14 night in Jan 2019 with my daughter, her hubby, and 2 children ages 3 and 14months at the time of sailing. Each child was charged 1100.00, quite expensive for such young people, but it is what it is, we are so excited to join them on their first cruise :)