Windjammer food

jayblue

we know you "can", but just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I would not want to be seated at a show next to someone chowing down on a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs or whatever, would you?:eek::D;)

It might make a good YouTube video.

😂😂😂😂😂

we know you "can", but just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I would not want to be seated at a show next to someone chowing down on a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs or whatever, would you?:eek::D;)

I don't really care what someone else does with their vacation. If that's what they enjoy and it isn't being spilled on me, or they aren't making loud noise, whatever, I don't care. If someone wants to eat their egg omelette at schooner bar for morning trivia, more power to them. If they want to sit in the centrum with a big plate of food and have music at lunch time, A-OK. If they brought food into a theater where it is dark, no tables, and they were trying to navigate messy food....alright. I might be thinking "what an ultra maroon" but it wouldn't bother me.

But I've never seen anyone come eat a knife/fork/spoon meal in those venues like that either. I have seen cheese, crackers, cookies, rolls or little hot appetizers; the sort of things that are finger foods and don't leave sauces/bones/mess afterwards and that's not a faux pas at all in my book on a ship.

As to not removing food or drink from the Windjammer mentioned in this thread; if RCI can have THAT much staff to monitor something like that so closely, then I have to imagine they have enough staff to deliver world class services throughout the ship in every venue without fail. riiiiiiiight

I don't really care what someone else does with their vacation. If that's what they enjoy and it isn't being spilled on me, or they aren't making loud noise, whatever, I don't care. If someone wants to eat their egg omelette at schooner bar for morning trivia, more power to them. If they want to sit in the centrum with a big plate of food and have music at lunch time, A-OK. If they brought food into a theater where it is dark, no tables, and they were trying to navigate messy food....alright. I might be thinking "what an ultra maroon" but it wouldn't bother me.

But I've never seen anyone come eat a knife/fork/spoon meal in those venues like that either. I have seen cheese, crackers, cookies, rolls or little hot appetizers; the sort of things that are finger foods and don't leave sauces/bones/mess afterwards and that's not a faux pas at all in my book on a ship.

As to not removing food or drink from the Windjammer mentioned in this thread; if RCI can have THAT much staff to monitor something like that so closely, then I have to imagine they have enough staff to deliver world class services throughout the ship in every venue without fail. riiiiiiiight

Actually, bringing a snack plate to morning trivia sounds like a good idea imo. Melon slices and hot tea or something.

To those of you who are pro-dining around the ship, when you finished would you give your tray to the bartender at schooner? or bus to the cafe upstairs with the disgusting pizza and "sandwiches"? I'm opposed to just leaving my plate somewhere... even if "somewhere" is a table in schooner.

Edited by Diplomacy

True!

Although, I don't care what venue a person is in, I would rather see them enjoy their food than hear it.

We particularly enjoy the English pubs on board the freedom class ships, and often bring nachos or other snack bits from the windjammer to the pub in the afternoon to help the beers go down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would basically agree with just about everything you have said here. I think common courtesy and respect for fellow passengers would be a good rule of thumb. :)

No problem. What is bad is when those that do take plates of food and drinks back to their cabin and then place their dirty dishes in the hall. Looks trashy!

So kind of disgusting look at all the dirty dishes in the hall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk