Diamond Balcony Discount/Pier upgrade

FIRELT5

We will be sailing on the GOS 9nt sailing and will attempt (???) to upgrade at the pier. Would the Diamond Balcony discount ($300) apply if upgrading at the pier. Contacted C & A and received a 50/50 response ( 2 Yes & 2- No)

Did anyone ever try this ???? Thanks in advance

It is my understanding that if you are not in a suite ---there is a very good chance of getting an upgrade discouont --- however --- those that are already in a suite do not get this benefit -(Diamond Plus ) I do not think that this is fair --- those that are paying the higher price should also be rewarded --- if someone that is in a Junior Suite is upgraded --- then the next category could be upgraded -- gving them the Junior Suite - and the Junior Suite could be upgraded to the next higher Category --although I have read on this board that there have been upgrades from and inside to a large suite ---- I cannot figure out what they are doing - but I am looking forward to our next cruise and am sure that we will be satisfied with what we have even though it sure would be nice to be upgraded ---- 47 cruises and never ever been upgraded

Probably not, and this is why.

Cruise fares paid prior to departure are posted to one account.

C&A price adjustments are also credited to the same account.. and the agent does this at time of booking with the cruiseline when your C&A number is given.

Pier upgrades are posted to another account as they are "non-commissionable" and are treated as additional revenue.

BTW a real sleeze ball of an agent, could pocket your C&A discount and you'd never know until it was too late.

yes! if you upgrade at the pier, the discount has already been applied before you made final payment. you will not lose the balcony discount. to upgrade at the pier is a set price to go from category to category. if you are in a balcony and want to upgrade at the pier it will be to a suite which should run around $600 to $800 on your sailing. thats per stateroom, not per person. it's usually around $00 on a 7 night so I'm guessing a bit more for the 9 night.

good luck with your upgrade, and have a great cruise.

yes! if you upgrade at the pier, the discount has already been applied before you made final payment. you will not lose the balcony discount. to upgrade at the pier is a set price to go from category to category. if you are in a balcony and want to upgrade at the pier it will be to a suite which should run around $600 to $800 on your sailing. thats per stateroom, not per person. it's usually around $00 on a 7 night so I'm guessing a bit more for the 9 night.

good luck with your upgrade, and have a great cruise.

WOW! That's REALLY cheap for an upgrade!!! ;)

On a past Brilliance cruise the upgrade charge from balcony to suite was $600. That means best available suite...if the royal suite was available the charge was the same as if you upgraded to a JS or an OS...etc. It was $200 from an outside to a balcony...again best available.

Anyhow they go fast so go to the correct person (port supervisor?) right away if you want to take advantage of this (prior to going on the ship) it is only in a rare circumstance that you can do this after you embark. Rooms that are not filled, at the departure port, may be filled 4 days later. The purser told me that they can not give away a room too soon in case the person who booked that room shows up in the 3rd port. In most cases people call and let the ship know when they plan to join the ship.

Good Luck & Bon Voyage!!

Archived