Cancellation Question-- Celebrity?

jewels89

Hi everyone!

I am booked to go on a 9 Night Xmas cruise on 18Dec, but it looks as though I may have just received my dream job as a flight attendant and will not be able to go through with my booking. My question is:

I am 90+ days out from departure, any idea what the cancellation fee is? I do not want my money back as I will use my flight benefits and go to another port of call later on in the new year and take an X cruise. Has anyone had to defer a Holiday cruise this far out and have success maintaining most of their payment (it was not cheap, as you can imagine).

If not, then I guess I will take the loss because you cannot give up on your dream! Thanks for the help :)

Is the cruise this December? If so, then by my math you are at about 65 days, not 90+ days out. For holiday cruises, I posted the policy below - as of now you likely would lose your deposit, but after another day or two you'd lose 50% of the fare - so you have to act fast. If you booked via a travel agency some of them tack on an extra fee as well. You may want to contact Celebrity though and discuss it with them, occasionally they make exceptions and might be willing to work with you to move to another booking and reduce or eliminate the penalty. Good luck and congratties on the dream job!

Holiday Sailings Days Prior to Departure

For 1 to 5 Night Cruises Days Prior to Departure

For 6 Night or Longer Cruises Cancellation Charge 90 days or more 90 days or more No charge 89 to 64 days 89 to 64 days Deposit amount less taxes and fees 63 to 43 days 63 to 43 days 50% of total price less taxes and fees 42 to 15 days 42 to 22 days 75% of total price less taxes and fees 14 days or less 21 days or less No refund less taxes and fees

Edited by Gonzo70

Since you are 65 days out from your cruise, if you cancelled, you would not lose anything. Tomorrow, you would lose your deposit amount. (There are different criteria for holiday cruises.)

Holiday & Galapagos Sailings:

89 - 64 days prior to departure = Deposit Amount

63 - 43 days prior to departure = 50% of total price

You should be fine today and congratulations on getting your dream job!

Edited by gimletgal

Thank you all so much, of course I booked with a travel agency :( so that kind of stinks. Apparently I am 63 days out so I would lose 50% and they are not willing to put the remaining amount on a different cruise.

Thank you all for your quick responses.

If you want to cruise later in the year just phone them and see what they can do. We needed, on one occasion, to cancel one cruise and swap to a later date alternative and it was no problem and no cost.

Sincere congratulations on your new dream job!

Thank you all so much, of course I booked with a travel agency :( so that kind of stinks. Apparently I am 63 days out so I would lose 50% and they are not willing to put the remaining amount on a different cruise.

Hmmm, not the greatest policy for your situation.

Congrats on your new job!

Darn! I miscalculated. That is a shame they won't allow you to transfer the cruise and at least apply the remaining amount. I am very surprised at that.

Why not email concerns@celebrity.com and tell them about your experience?

Airline or Private?

I flew G-IV's for the worlds elite for quite a few years.

Six days at the La Meridian resort at the northwest end of St. Maarten. Decided to spend one day away from our resorts beach to do some sailing. The FA found someone she knew from Hong Kong who had a 47' boat at the resort. So we sailed off to a private island. Flying for a huge Dotcom owner in the late 90's on the G-IV had it's perks.

12838410925_e895e37510_c.jpg

CaptDave

Hi everyone!

I am booked to go on a 9 Night Xmas cruise on 18Dec, but it looks as though I may have just received my dream job as a flight attendant and will not be able to go through with my booking.

If not, then I guess I will take the loss because you cannot give up on your dream! Thanks for the help :)

Eventually, all the free standby flying you'll be able to do will make your loss seem paltry. Once you're senior, the world is your oyster

Call Celebrity again, and maybe yet again if necessary. You'll get a different rep on the phone, and we see a lot of reports on these boards from cruisers who try different reps until finally getting what they want. I can't say I have ever heard that about your particular situation, but all you'll lose is a little time. You'd think the holiday cruises would be popular and there would be a demand for cabins, which always makes a company more amenable to a move over.

Thank you all so much, this is exactly why I turn to you here! I will email X and see if there is anything we can do. We have 20 days until we are out even more than 50% so we have some serious thinking to do. They suggested a name change on the reservation or even have the 2nd person go alone , but I doubt my mom (cruising partner) would want to go on a Christmas cruise by herself. :)

I am joining a well known Canadian Charter Airline that is opening their first base in Halifax, NS in the new year and although it will be seasonal at first, there is nothing like a foot in the door to encourage other companies to take a second look at my resume! Plus, Jamaica, Mexico and Cuba don't sound too shabby in the cold of winter. :)

You guys rock :) many thanks!

Edited by jewels89