Thoughts on the Sky "All inclusive"...

evagoblin

On the Bahama's cruises they offer that which means all you can drink, liquor included, if you compare the cost from this year to next the fares are much higher, (because they advertise a $199 fare-they have one, way in Dec of 2016). Why oh why, can't they just offer a unlimited beverage package for free when they have the freestyle promotion, for those that want it, instead of everyone, especially those who don't want to drink, paying for it (in a sense, with higher overall fares), heck if people want that they can go to a Sandals resort (which, sigh, is probably why they are doing that.) I, for one, would rather them bring back the lobster in the free dining rooms and free room service, which those resorts do NOT have. Let's hope it doesn't spread, and hey cruise critic members shall we bombard them with emails and start a petition so they don't :mad:! (I feel like Steve Allen reading the Daily News on T.V.!)

On the Bahama's cruises they offer that which means all you can drink, liquor included, if you compare the cost from this year to next the fares are much higher, (because they advertise a $199 fare-they have one, way in Dec of 2016). Why oh why, can't they just offer a unlimited beverage package for free when they have the freestyle promotion, for those that want it, instead of everyone, especially those who don't want to drink, paying for it (in a sense, with higher overall fares), heck if people want that they can go to a Sandals resort (which, sigh, is probably why they are doing that.) I, for one, would rather them bring back the lobster in the free dining rooms and free room service, which those resorts do NOT have. Let's hope it doesn't spread, and hey cruise critic members shall we bombard them with emails and start a petition so they don't :mad:! (I feel like Steve Allen reading the Daily News on T.V.!)

Just select a different ship. Its not that hard. They are trying to consolidate the party cruises to a single ship to make other short runs less of a booze cruise.

6&8

For the same amount of money and 3 days more, I just go on the other NCL ships that don't have the all-inclusive drink package as part of the fare. Then I can pick shore excursions as my promo and done. (Thank you job with 30 days of 'use it or lose it" paid time off [emoji16] )

Don't need room service because of buffet /grill seating & studio perks (really, don't like eating on my bed, unless it absolutely necessary like sunburnt or coughing up a lung) plus I get better and bigger fresh lobster cooked close to home than on the ship. So, no I don't get the allure of those 2 things - thank goodness too or, else I'll miss out other fun things like port stops and live shows. *shrug*

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Well since you asked.....I think it's a nice idea to have that ship be all inclusive. I've sailed the Sky twice and enjoyed both cruises. They don't go anywhere all that interesting, so you may tend to spend more time on the ship. Having all the drinks you want while relaxing around the pool, with meals, in the evening, and not worrying about your bar tab is very stress-free. I wish more cruise lines would consider being all inclusive, or doing give away promotions like NCL. It makes things simpler and generally less expensive for those of us who enjoy our cocktails. It's like going to an AI resort in Mexico or the DR. The price is the same whether you're going to drink the bar dry or just have water.

Relax and have fun, you're over thinking.

Just select a different ship. Its not that hard. They are trying to consolidate the party cruises to a single ship to make other short runs less of a booze cruise.

6&8

I don't agree with that, the booze is where they make their money. One of the draws to cruising, is being able to let loose and have fun. Let's say 25% of the people on a large ship like the epic get completely wasted on their cruise, let's say another than 40% don't get wasted but drink quite a bit and let's say another 14% drink some but not quite a bit and let's say another 5% have a drink of alcohol a day or the occasional glass of wine on a cruise. That's 84% of the Cruise having some sort of alcohol, I think that 84% is more important then the remaining few.