JOURNEY TO THE ESCAPE or Planes, trains, Taxis & A Cruise Ship! - "LIVE/ALMOST LIVE"

kikki21

Our cabin is situated PORT side but we are deck 15!:)

Looking forward to all the photos. Our first cruise will be on the Escape Dec 5. We will be in balcony cabin 14202. How do I know if this is Port side?

If you look on the deck plan, it will tell you where you are!

Looking forward to all the photos. Our first cruise will be on the Escape Dec 5. We will be in balcony cabin 14202. How do I know if this is Port side?

If you look on the deck plan, it will tell you where you are! I've just looked at you are on the PORT side!

Greetings from Berlin - we are back at the hotel & taking advantage of the FREE wifi!

If only this happened on a ship! [emoji39]

I'm looking on green with envy with all the photos of the Escape coming to light from the TA/VIP cruise - the ship looks amazing!!! [emoji7]

I have walked over 7 miles today - not bad going for someone who had about 3 hours sleep & who got up at 3.15am this morning! 🤔

We had a good walk around Berlin, taking in a few sights in our limited time here. We have seen the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, seen the TV Tower, checked out the Arkaden shopping centre, seen the Holocaust Memorial & been up Panorama Punkt - a viewing tower with a cafe with the fastest lift in Europe taking you up 24 floors! [emoji14]

We are staying in a very central hotel - The Mandala Hotel & it's very, very nice indeed!

We are in 14802, March 5, which is Starboard side directly accross from 14202. Will you be posting cabin pictures?

We are in 14802, March 5, which is Starboard side directly accross from 14202. Will you be posting cabin pictures?

Yes indeed I will be posting our cabin photos & the ones from our CC cabin crawl! :)

Yet again loving all the Escape photos appearing on line, she looks so awesome & we are so lucky to get on this cruise!

We've had a superb meal tonight at Facil which is actually inside the Mandala Hotel [emoji2] which after walking around as we did today, we were very happy about!

It is a 2 star Michelin restaurant - we have been fortunate to eat at quite a few starred restaurants & Michelin recommended restaurants & we agreed that it was one of the best meals we've had!

Actually we've enjoyed all the food we've had today! [emoji2]

Tomorrow morning, we are meeting up with one of my cousins who lives in Berlin. Not seen her for years & then we take a taxi, a train & another taxi to our hotel in Hamburg! It's all go go go! [emoji41] but we wouldn't have it any other way!!! [emoji106]🏻

Good morning from the Mandala Hotel in Berlin! We're up & getting ready to meet my cousin & then take a trip on a train to Hamburg - getting closer to Escaping!!!! [emoji568][emoji572]️

Enjoying reading everyone's accounts of their trips so far!

We would normally not take so many taxis here, there & everywhere but we don't want to get it wrong besides which my husband doesn't have a good track record (sorry! [emoji23]) with trains lol!!

How do I know if this is Port side?

When looking towards the ships bow (front), the left side of the ship is port and right side is starboard. These are basic nautical terms and have nothing to do with which side of the ship the pier is in different ports. :)

We had a lovely morning with my cousin, having a nice breakfast

in the shopping centre with her little girl entertaining us before

she very kindly gave us a lift to the train station!

We managed to get on the right train & found the right carriage (eventually!) and

now we're traversing through the German countryside

speeding our way towards Hamburg & the next leg of our journey to the Escape! [emoji4]

We very much enjoyed our visit to Berlin & we'd like to return there one day

to explore some more although my cousin made us laugh as she confessed that she's

lived in Berlin for 14 years and still hasn't made it up the TV Tower! [emoji13]

The weather has been nice to us too & even though there is an Autumnal chill in the air in the evening, it's very pleasant to walk around!

Well I'm pleased to report that 35 of us made the Cruise Critic dinner at the Port Restaurant at the Hafen Hotel tonight & what a dinner it was it rather what awesome company we enjoyed! [emoji14]

We are now safely ensconced in our rather trendy hotel awaiting arrival of cocktails in our room having negotiated the notorious Reeperbahn area to get back here! [emoji41]

Photos to follow!!! And finally we can say that it's Escape day TOMORROW!!!! [emoji572]️[emoji568][emoji177]

Good Morning everyone! [emoji4] it's FINALLY Escape day! It seems like it's been ages & ages since we booked this cruise & now it's here!

We just want to get on board & start bringing you all photos! But I suspect that 4000 plus other people will be doing the same & at the same time!

🙄

Let's hope we are pleasantly surprised & pray that the boarding process will be quick & painless!

We hope to get to the pier for around 11.30 ish, maybe a bit earlier! [emoji6]

Just had a bit of breakfast at the Cafe May near to our hotel! ImageUploadedByForums1445766602.354187.jpg.5ec6873b719d77f9c50f55afa1e14a58.jpg

We're back now & just finishing off before we get a taxi to the ESCAPE! Only just a little excited now! [emoji14]

Ok I tell a lie, I'm majorly excited now, just want to get to the pier & get on board!!!!

Good that you choose a taxi. The walking distance feels longer than it looked on the map. At least it is sunny.

It would be a huge distance to walk for a lot of people! The pier area is very big in itself!

We are on board - didn't take too long - about 45 mins ish to board the ship. Not too bad at all!

I've posted a load of cabin photos on Instagram.

We have a category M9 cabin which is a mini suite spa balcony.

My Instagram account is i_do_wedding_gifts if you want to follow along!

Next up we're going to check out the spa & grab some food! Hoping to check out Margaritaville!!! [emoji106]🏻[emoji483][emoji39][emoji486][emoji568]