Anyone been on Emerald recently?

mrsgthatsme

Ii agree that the Emerald is great! I' date=' too, was on the Emerald's Trans-Atlantic cruise.

The buffet and the entertainment were wonderful. The Captain was fantastic!

Enjoy:)[/quote']

I was also on the Transatlantic and agree about everything. The Captain was fun!

Going on the Emerald next Sat. How were passengers dressed for "formal" nights? Are jackets mandatory in the MDR? Can my DH wear a golf shirt or a Hawaiian shirt for formal nights? We are flyng and only do carryons. Do not want to take up space in the carryon for his jacket.

I wear my jacket on the plane as we are leaving from cool or cold climate to FLL. Then, it does get folded into the suitcase or carried loosely to the ship the next morning. I'm in shorts and Tee or Polo for embarking (not interested in a picture). Yes, the jacket needs a bit of a freshen up once we get to cabin (it's linen so it creases no matter what in transit, but quite suitable for the tropics).

Someone else posted taking two suits - maybe it was a long cruise. With two formal nights, I wear the same thing for two dinners and then change shortly after.

That said, jacket is a suggestion - your H could wear a nice shirt and tie and won't be turned away. If I do wear the jacket, it sometimes goes straight to the back of the chair (depends on temperature in the DR).

I make the effort for sure, but don't go to the full extent of the Princess recommendations. And I believe most guys do make the effort (I'm going to be paying close attention on two cruises in November as it seems this past year more and more folks are posting about dressing it down some on formal nights, but still maintaining decorum).

I have been wondering as well if Traditional Dining folks tend to dress a bit more formally than Anytime Dining folks. These two cruises, we are going to be early TD in a AT DR.

Edited by steelers36