Anyone been on Emerald recently?

mrsgthatsme

Just disembarked 5 days ago from the transatlantic cruise the lovely Emerald Princess, and really could find nothing about her appearance or the food or the service to complain about.

There WERE issues with the ship's internet access throughout the 14 days, but I feel confident that will be righted as part of the drydock, if not well before that.

If you were sailing tomorrow, I think you would enjoy being on her. She is definitely not a worn out, bedraggled old tub!

Since you don't sail on her till after her drydock, I think you will find her looking beautiful, and will have a great cruise!!

Can you give more details about the problems you had with the internet? I'm concerned about this, because we sail in December, and I must have an internet connection to check in with work. And please, no lecture about working on a cruise. :)

Just left the Emerald, on the 24th, and the ship looked to be in good shape. We were in D 608, a minisuite, the room was clean and fresh looking from the bathroom, to the balcony- no complaints here. The exterior decks were rusted in several spots here and there, but that's going happen on any ship new or old due to the salty environment they have live in. The ship is going in for a dry dock next month to replace The Italian restaurant, and a new paint job on the hull as it was pretty tough looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are just off the Emerald this morning. We found the ship itself to be beautiful. We didn't notice any unusual wear and tear and it was always kept clean and tidy. As far as the food goes I thought it to be edible and tasty for the most part with some items quite delicious. With that said we really didn't feel the food to be anything exceptional except maybe the breakfast buffet and coffee bar which we thoroughly enjoyed. The service in many locations was what I consider below par. Some of the service staff seemed to be too preoccupied with tidying their area and equipment to even notice a passenger waiting for service. I don't want this to sound like a big negative. Our overall experience was very positive but we feel Princess could do better in some areas.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH P310A using Tapatalk

We just returned today also. We were very satisfied with our cabin and service in most areas. I had a strange incident at the coffee bar. I found the coffee cup covers very difficult to secure. When I mentioned it to one of the men working there he said. "Don't complain, no one likes that"

The first time I have been lectured by a crew member.

The girls waiting on table there were very pleasant and attentive. Not so much the men preparing the coffee.

Just off the emerald this morning also and of all our cruises this was our least favorite.

I am in a wheelchair and we had room A304 and the bathroom smelled of moldy water. We told our room steward and she tried (she was WONDERFUL!!) and we also complained to guest services, ultimately we just kept the bathroom door closed so the moldy smell would not stink up the entire stateroom.

Entertainment was the worst on this cruise, not enough to do during the days and the evening shows where just sorta BLAH (other then the elton john one it was amazing!!) We never saw the cruise director other then at the shows. I think Mike on the Carnival Conquest spoiled us, he was the BEST cruise director we have ever had.

Food was ok, when we started cruising we cruised for the food, now its not such a big thing, so ya it was ok and we felt the staff went above and beyond. I as always asked if I needed help etc..wonderful crew. Great hot chocolate at the International Cafe.

We did do our anniversary at Sabtini and it was REALLY GOOD!!

Ship was very clean, table were always clean.

Overall this was a good cruise but not one of our favorites.

DH and I just ate there two weeks ago. We really enjoyed the lobster. What we liked the best though was the quiet and ambiance. We found the anytime dining rooms extremely noisy. It was nice to have a quiet, romantic dinner together where we didn't have to yell at each other to be heard.

Going on the Emerald next Sat. How were passengers dressed for "formal" nights? Are jackets mandatory in the MDR? Can my DH wear a golf shirt or a Hawaiian shirt for formal nights? We are flyng and only do carryons. Do not want to take up space in the carryon for his jacket.

:eek:

There were tuxes to shorts. It is "highly" recommended that men at least wear a coat and tie. I did, bring the coat.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Wow! I never seen men in shorts on formal nights. You may feel uncomfortable not wearing a jacket?? With everyone all dressed up.

Tony

Going on the Emerald next Sat. How were passengers dressed for "formal" nights? Are jackets mandatory in the MDR? Can my DH wear a golf shirt or a Hawaiian shirt for formal nights? We are flyng and only do carryons. Do not want to take up space in the carryon for his jacket.

My personal observation was that the majority of passengers did follow the formal night dress code in the main dining room. I did see men wearing shorts to dinner in Sabatini's.

First of all, love Emerald. Renewed vows on board, and sailed her three cruises in the past year. Lovely captain and crew. Enjoy! It beats a day a work!

Now, formal nights. Most passengers are dressed up, yes. And jackets and ties for MDR, yes. My husband reminds me that my Dad (a formal fashion rebel) had a jacket but no tie, and was not turned away in MDR on a formal night.

We only pack carry-ons also. My husband can somehow fit 2 full suits, 2 dress shirts, jeans, 1 pr dress shoes, flip flops, tennis shoes, and 2 pr shorts and 3/4 tee shirts and 2/3 dress shirts and a light jacket...he packs for half a week and does one load of wash on board.

That being said, as an option your husband can wear whatever he wants to Horizon Court on a formal night. Many pax were eating there on formal nights. The main meal selections were tasty there, and if he doesn't want to pack for dressing up, this would be my suggestion.

More and more, we hit up HC for dinner because we don't want to spend all evening with long, heavy dinners. We just ate too much. We also enjoy the entertainment on board, so eating in HC suits us periodically.

But yes, people dressed up. Especially in the Med. But people work around the dress code, and there are plenty of men not packing suits. But they spotted are eating elsewhere. Enjoy your cruise [emoji568]