Rhapsody trip end 10/21

Big Feet

WE had a great 9 days sailing. Stops and side trips fantastic. This post is about how many fellow travelers had respiratory issues? Our group had 6 cabin with 12 persons and 9 now have issues. While on the ship several trips were made to thew infirmary for breathing treatment. When we got on our flight from FCO to ATL the coughing and hacking went on for 10.5 hours by others we recognized from the cruise.

Note: the HVAC remained on constantly. You could not turn off the cabin fans. The thermostat was either all to cold or all to hot-- nothing in between. The vent in the cabin when i looked at it was packed with gunk in my cabin and 2 other cabins i looked at. The last night the room was so humid the sheets felt like they were wet.

Would like to know of other travelers health from this cruise if you don't mind. If we had some numbers maybe we could send them to RCI corporate.

We did Rhapsody Sep. 15-25. No problems. There were 10 of us, we had aft JS's on Deck 8. But we found no problems or real differences. The A/C, I once saw on a show about cruise ships, is, I believe, related to water temp. So if the water temp is high the A/C is less efficient. But the air quality we experienced was not any problem, and my Wife is highly sensitive to any mold, dust, or mildew. She had no problems.

Did you report it to Guest Services? Maybe the ducting in your area of the ship can be cleaned.

Thank you all for posting and letting us know your experience.

We had maintenance come because we couldn't get AC off-- or to heat. When they got there I had already turned my sisters thermostat FULL up ( as I said it was either full up or down nothing inbetween.

9 of us are notifying the CDC here in Atlanta. Should this NOT be taken care of we're looking at a boat load of Legionary's disease candidates. I have already emailed RCI.