10-22-15 Thursday Weigh In - IT AIN'T GONNA WORK BELLE!!!

shootr

I think Belle is just trying to get us to rhyme

Not me, no how, not this time!!!

All I can do is offer good thoughts and share what I've heard

It's up to her to write up encouragement and sing it like a bird!

Is your weather a challenge and making you pout,

Are you stuck in a car when you have to go out?

Aisles of candy in every store,

It just isn't fair – we should wage war!

Keep your water bottle at hand

and the fridge like Ft. Knox

Take just a handful of snacks instead of the box

Keep up the fight and never give in

but if you do, don't worry - it's not a mortal sin

Hope you all had a great week and better weekend to come

Share your good and your bad and we'll all have some fun.

Hey.....

Wait a minute....???!!!???:eek:

I'm still doing well, down another 1 to 179. I'm really trying to slow the train down and get into a maintenance and toning mode. I upped my daily calories to 2000 which is a little on the low side for my activity level - but my stomach has shrunk so much it's hard to reach it.

Still prepping lunches the night before - mostly chicken and whole wheat pasta swimming in hot sauce - and I eat it all day long - but even that is only about 500 calories. A couple apples and maybe some popcorn and I hit 900 before dinner - but there is no way to eat 1000 healthy calories in one sitting - and I sure am not going to try before bedtime.

My new habits are pretty ingrained now - got another one of those stuffed burgers with the missus Tuesday and ordered it without the bun, wrapped in a lettuce leaf instead. When they brought the food she just looked at her dumb husband with that "why did you do that?" look :confused:

Other than that it's nightly walks, and calisthenics throughout the day around the shop. I'm still amazed at the energy I now have - compared to before when I was eating so much sugar and sugar substitutes.

Hopefully I can share some pics next week - we're going back to Natural Bridge, north of Payson, to see if there are fall colors and get a hike/picnic in.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it - what's yours!?!

Edited by shootr

HI all!

shootr ~ didn't know you were a poet!:D Nice job on that & the weight loss.

Looks like i lb is the norm this week as I was down the same but don't now how.:confused:

I'm pretty sure I saw Belle's name on a 28 day Princess cruise to Hawaii & the South Pacific so if she doesn't show up you'll know why. I sure hope that's her.

Good luck to the others still to check in.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hello everyone! Very excited this morning. I am down two pounds. I was very happy as I though it would be difficult to loose after a three pound week last week. I am enjoying my Fitbit. I am having some accuracy issues with some of my heart rate on some of my workouts and my 1.5 hour Yoga registers no steps. 11 pounds left to reach my goal. cruising on Feb 5th so there is plenty of time to get there at this pace. I just have to get through Christmas!

good job on the weight loss everyone! shooter, I am at about 1400 calories per day. I am targeting a 700 calorie deficit per day. That is about a pound and a half a week. The Fitbit really has me tracking everything.

wishing everyone a good week!

Shooter....great job on the poem!!! Hope Belle is ok though! You are a great "substitute"! Lol. Thanks for starting the thread.

I have been away from this board for awhile. I had gotten off plan and definitely paid for it! Trying to get back on track!

Sounds like several of you are doing really well!

Great job Shootr! Hitting you target and starting maintenance! So fantastic! Congratulations!

When we booked our November cruise in late March, I hoped maybe I could lose at least 20 or 30 pounds, but I decided to go overboard (no pun intended) and challenge myself to the seemingly impossible: to lose 70 pounds before our cruise. As of this morning, I have lost 66 pounds total and we sail in three weeks. I am absolutely delirious.

Made it to Natural Bridge today - there's the easy route and there's the not-so-easy trail. Guess which one we took?

me01.jpg

Lot's of over, under, climbing, and trying not to slide into trouble (but after an hour of it - this is the result):

pano01.jpg

rocks01.jpg

kerry02.jpg

But always worth the effort!

bridge03.jpg

(Note person in bottom left for scale)

bridge04.jpg

Had a nice little picnic, hiked another trail to a waterfall, and called it a morning.

When we booked our November cruise in late March, I hoped maybe I could lose at least 20 or 30 pounds, but I decided to go overboard (no pun intended) and challenge myself to the seemingly impossible: to lose 70 pounds before our cruise. As of this morning, I have lost 66 pounds total and we sail in three weeks. I am absolutely delirious.

Wow! Fantastic! Do you mind telling us what "eating plan" you utilized? Did you go "overboard" on excercise? Are you male or female (unfortunately that does make a difference when it comes to weight loss)?

(Sorry if this has been discussed previously since I gave been away for awhile).

Again....fabulous, congrats!

Thank you! I'm a 41-year-old stay-at-home mom. It's really been a matter of portion control and diet modification. I stay very low-calorie during the day (rice cakes, salads, etc) and then a normal dinner. I found a dozen little ways to cut calories here and there. I don't exercise any more than normal, but normal for me is chasing two toddlers around all day. :D

Thank you! I'm a 41-year-old stay-at-home mom. It's really been a matter of portion control and diet modification. I stay very low-calorie during the day (rice cakes, salads, etc) and then a normal dinner. I found a dozen little ways to cut calories here and there. I don't exercise any more than normal, but normal for me is chasing two toddlers around all day. :D

Wow! Fantastic! Congrats again!

but normal for me is chasing two toddlers around all day. :D

Boy can I sympathize with this after 2 weekends ago! Baby sat the two grandsons while mom and dad took a well deserved long weekend - 4 days and we were pooped! How my DIL does it is beyond me (SIL is Navy and deployed so she's flying solo for now).

Totally understand how you exceeded your expectations - well done!