Ovation of the Seas - August 2016

kkettle70

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Ovation of the Seas schedule for August 2016 has been released yet? I looked on the RCCL website but cannot find any info for this ship in August 2016.

Thanks,

Krista

She will be in China in August 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been waiting for itineraries to be released too. There is a sailing that ends in Beijing on June 12 then nothing till Nov, odd??? We tried to get two suites on that June sailing but they sold out almost immediately as there was just one sailing offered. The short cruises on Quantum have tons of suite availability but the longer ones on Ovation sold out quickly.

We were hoping to take the kids on that same itinerary, or reverse, next summer, and spending some time in Beijing seeing the Great Wall etc. but RC has not released any sailings. It may have something to do with the PR from the explosion at the Tianjin port.

It's pretty much too late to coordinate Visa's, tours, flights, hotels, etc., so we gave up waiting and booked a Baltic cruise on another line as RC doesn't have any longer itineraries on their nicer ships there.

Kind of frustrating.

I've been waiting for itineraries to be released too. There is a sailing that ends in Beijing on June 12 then nothing till Nov, odd??? We tried to get two suites on that June sailing but they sold out almost immediately as there was just one sailing offered. The short cruises on Quantum have tons of suite availability but the longer ones on Ovation sold out quickly.

We were hoping to take the kids on that same itinerary, or reverse, next summer, and spending some time in Beijing seeing the Great Wall etc. but RC has not released any sailings. It may have something to do with the PR from the explosion at the Tianjin port.

It's pretty much too late to coordinate Visa's, tours, flights, hotels, etc., so we gave up waiting and booked a Baltic cruise on another line as RC doesn't have any longer itineraries on their nicer ships there.

Kind of frustrating.

From what I have heard the China sailings get chartered or are charters. They may have to be booked thru some agency in China.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I think I may call and ask. Did you hear that from RC? They told me it would be open for booking in Aug but that never happened. Quantum has been opened for booking for summer 2016 in China for awhile now.

We are booked on Ovation in Dec 2016 in Sydney. The summer sailings are perplexing me.

I too find it very interesting, frustrating and perplexing that there is no schedule for the Ovation for the end of June until November. !

We are sailing the Ovation from Barcelona to Beijing, May to June 12. I have written to RC many times and get the same answer that the schedule has not been released to the public. We want to do the following sailing, Hoping for Beijing to Japan.... but time is running out.

I do not understand, This is not like RC to be behind and frustrating to customers. I can not apply for a Visa for China until I give them flight information, but I cannot make flight arrangements until I know my end game that is dependent upon RC.

Does anyone have any information!

Hi Rizzomamma, please let us know if you hear anything. I'll do the same.

Right now, we are booked on Baltic cruise. It has four overnights plus ending in Amsterdam. We are taking three adult kids in their 20's and two grandkids in their young teens. It's a bad mix as the baltic is heaven for the 20's kids with all the nightlife and clubs but one of us will have to stay on the ship with the grandkids at night as their parents are not going with us.

Ovation would be much better for all of us. Like you, I need to start the visa process for either China or Russia. Also, if I take the Baltic cruise, we have three days in St Petersburg and I need to buy flights from there to Moscow as we want to see the Kremlin. They are going to sell out if we don't act soon.

I would rather go on Ovation but I'm not sure I want to risk the itineraries being the four or five day sailings like Quantum.

Please post if you hear anything.

Received new information on the Ovation...Called RC, to check on the lower prices, they were only for the D7, but the rep looked thru all his information and found that there is a 2 day "Event" on June 24 and 25, meaning the ship is open for travel agents and special guests to tour and explore the Ovation.

Then on September 10 there is a Chartered cruise..... I definitely am in the wrong business, when someone or some company can book the whole ship

No other information on cruises for July and August...but with this information we have decided to join the 3 day tour with Glynno in Beijing, Booked our flights to come home June 27.

Now the focus is on Visa's, Any thoughts on how much time we have to get the India and China visa's?

getting excited !

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

The summer schedule is posted, and most cruises are sold out.

RCCL must have offered to China area first, and/or the ship has been chartered for many of the dates.

We moved on and will stay 3 days in Beijing then home to the US.

Really wish RC would have stated that they will offer the summer cruises to China first, then open to others.... this way we could have avoided all the anxiety of waiting for the postings only to find that they are sold out !

It is Done.... so we will enjoy our trip and learn form this :)

See you all on the voyage!

Mary