Crowds in January on the Oasis

eheif

We are leaving for a seven day cruise on January 9 on the Oasis of the Sea and I was wondering about the crowds in January. Are there more adults and less children as they are in school? Do all cruise leave full?

I have heard that this ship can feel crowded. If that's the case so be it as I still always wanted to go on this ship ever since it was introduced.

I am looking forward to an amazing cruise crowds or no crowds.

We are leaving for a seven day cruise on January 9 on the Oasis of the Sea and I was wondering about the crowds in January. Are there more adults and less children as they are in school? Do all cruise leave full?

I have heard that this ship can feel crowded. If that's the case so be it as I still always wanted to go on this ship ever since it was introduced.

I am looking forward to an amazing cruise crowds or no crowds.

Been on both Oasis class ships, one during school, and one in the summer, and both times the only time If felt crowded was waiting in line for the merry go round in the summer!!!!!!

The ships control people movement extremely well, and I never felt crowded. It is a very efficient ship.

Every ship has a lot of people for it's size. It's always amazing how they rarely feel "crowded".:) There are exceptions of course, such as before and after shows, events in the main venues, etc. But for the most part it's easy to avoid crowds if you want.

We cruised both Oasis and Allure this year. Oasis was in June to carib with lots of kids and large family groups. Ship at times seemed crowded due to groups in hallways (town meeting), around elevators, and in promenade. You can get away from them but they were apparent.

In Sept we were on Allure in med and, even though all cabins were filled, with fewer kids it seemed less crowded. Plus mostly couples or smaller groups. We greatly enjoyed relaxed feel of ship and less crowds in main areas. Plus destinations were great!

That said both cruises were great! And I'd think Jan to carib on Oasis would not seem crowded. Enjoy!

We sailed on Oasis on or about the week after last year. Firstly, we never felt crowded. In fact, we felt less crowded compared to Liberty (most crowded feeling, but it was a Thanksgiving cruise) and Adventure (which did not feel crowded to us.) As has been mentioned, all the different areas keep ages and interests quite separate. There are crowds after shows, but we learned how to manage it. Don't take the closest elevator and I always take the stairs as much as possible, anyhow.

The cruise demographic on our cruise consisted of large family groups. There was a large Quinceanera contingent that didn't impact our cruise negatively in any way or make us feel crowded. However, this did mean groups of teen girls roaming the ship. You are cruising earlier than us, so I can't say if this group will show up or not. In any case, the Solarium is a great place to escape kids.

Enjoy!

Koohiichan