Questions for kids

cruisin deb

We are planning trip in March with our grandchildren who will be 8 years old at the time. Please if anyone has copy of dining room menu for kids and any info for buffet choices for kids it would be helpful. I would also like to know how ,when, and where you go to sign children up for cooking classes and if you can do that ahead of time. Also, do they have the Lego program on Divina and what do they actually have? Thank you to anyone that can answer any of my questions

Cruising deb

We are planning trip in March with our grandchildren who will be 8 years old at the time. Please if anyone has copy of dining room menu for kids and any info for buffet choices for kids it would be helpful. I would also like to know how ,when, and where you go to sign children up for cooking classes and if you can do that ahead of time. Also, do they have the Lego program on Divina and what do they actually have? Thank you to anyone that can answer any of my questions

Cruising deb

My kid never used kids menu because it's not a kids menu it's a junk food menu.Pizza-hot dog-french fries,same as in any north american restaurant. :eek: Same in Buffet area .For same reason I don't let her to eat with kids club . They feed them french fries and hot dogs .We always order from regular menu . I am not a health food freak, and don't mind to eat fries some times but not every day and differently not on cruise ship where is so much wonderful food available.

On first day of your cruise you can sign you kid to kids club and they will provide you with all info you need.

Thank you for the info that's terrible! Can children order off regular adult menu ? Is there not even pasta with butter or steak for them?

Sure you can order from regular menu . There is always beautiful pasta dishes in regular menu you don't need to bother with mac and cheese from kids menu.You can always ask to add or remove items from your kid dish if he/she dose not like them .

I am on Opera in 2 weeks time with 3 kids aged 2 -4. Will get as much info as possible for you! Like Goldenbonny we rarely use the Kids aka junk menu. They mostly have the pasta dish and vegetables. When small we used to ask for soup, mashed potato, vegetables and steamed fish, each evening and make our own 'mush'. Waiters did not know what to think on first evening but then after that all the food was ready for us on arrival. We fed the kids, they fell asleep and we could enjoy our dinner! :D

Thanks , Goldenbonny- I'm quite relieved now- you made my day- did you also know anything about Lego program??

just remember on MSc they have service that no cruise line provide. They pick up you kid from DR at 7 pm :) You can feed your child fast and enjoy rest of your dinner after they gone to kids club. My DH loved this service the most because it's his job to drop our DD to kids club in the middle of dinner.LOL

Depending on what week in March you are going the amount of kids will increase if it consider with Miami and Broward Spring Break. My GS loved the shows so much and with the kids club they sat up front. He usually eats with us on formal nights and orders off the adult menu. The kids menu does offer pasta dishes.

• 2 months later...
just remember on MSc they have service that no cruise line provide. They pick up you kid from DR at 7 pm :) You can feed your child fast and enjoy rest of your dinner after they gone to kids club. My DH loved this service the most because it's his job to drop our DD to kids club in the middle of dinner.LOL

I'm just browsing this forum for info, as I only just heard about MSC, but both Disney and Royal Caribbean offer this service.

that is not true!

Absolutely not true. There have been kids in the MDR for dinner on every cruise I've done with them and I always eat on second sitting which can be as late as 9.45 on some cruise. I'm sure first sitting has loads of them.