7 day- magic or 8 day- valor help me decide!

ccleveland

cd140491c7cc0eb3a84f89dbd8e7cd91.jpg6185ab81f20ba2616205cb747d69a9ac.jpg

I have booked the 7 day on the magic but only paid the deposit. I just found the 8 day on the valor for only $100 more but I need help deciding if the itinerary on the 8 day is better or should I stick with the 7 day I already have?? I mean for one more day on a ship it's only $100 more in total for 2 people but I feel like the magic is better than the valor. Let me know your thoughts and opinions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is difficult....the Magic is a larger and newer ship, it also has the Red Frog Pub and the Tucana del Capitano (pasta made to order and its all very good) where the Valor doesn't......this is difficult hahaha I like the extra day but I like the Magic better, but I gather I personally would stay away from Dominican Republic because they have the bad mosquito borne diseases there.

I would go with the Valor. It will get the 2.0 upgrades in March and you get the extra day. The ports are also better on the Valor.

The Magic is the much better ship, but it has Amber Cove, which is a poor port choice IMO.

Valor has the extra day and better itinerary.

It really depends on whether you cruise for the ship or the ports. Answering that question will guide you to your answer.

I booked the same itinerary (not the same dates, though) on Magic. All of those ports are new to me as is the ship, and I'm really looking forward to seeing San Juan. The Valor itinerary has such a short San Juan stop, IMO.* However, it has a nice longish stop at St. Maarten and watching the jets land at Maho Beach is on my "to-do someday" list. If San Juan isn't a priority and if the extra sea day is a plus for you, the Valor itinerary is very nice for not much more money.

* [ETA: Relooking at the itinerary, the San Juan stop is only one hour shorter on Valor vs Magic, but it feels much shorter because it's so early!]

Edited by undercat

Wow so many good opinions... I don't want to quote/reply back to everyone but here goes....

My wife and I take these cruises every year in September for our wedding anniversary. We go for the shows, good food, comedy, and all the other stuff on the ships so the magic is the best comparing to the valor right? I heard the magic is even getting some upgrades to. But we also go for the itinerarys and the Amber cove is new so I thought it be fun to try but from what I'm hearing on other reviews it's not the best. I do wish I could go to st Maarten and st Kitts but isn't St Thomas a good one to??

This cruise we might not be doing much excursions just getting off the ship and exploring since the cruise itself was little over budget for us lol.

It does sound good to pay the $100 or so for the 8 day but I feel like the magic is the best choice. Plus I just talked with the wife and she said that the 7 day cruise is just fine. I wouldn't complain since she is willing to even go with me lol :) plus the day before we board the cruise ship will be fun being in port canaveral.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to bump this up because I am comparing the exact 2 cruises, and having a hard time deciding whether I want the Magic for the newer boat, or the Valor for the extra day/better ports.

I have 2 kids, 7 and 5, so I was leaning toward the Magic since it has better slides I think I remember reading?

I was in the same "boat" a few months ago. I was trying to decide between these exact cruises. I was holding out to see what upgrades the Valor was getting. Although I still don't have a concrete answer, I chose the Valor b/c of the extra day. This will be cruise #22 but every cruise is as exciting and highly anticipated as the first!

I would stick with Magic. While Magic is getting most all of the 2.0 upgrades in March, I understand Valor is not getting The blue iguana cantina. That's a deciding factor for me.

What are included in the 2.0 upgrades? This is my first cruise, sailing later this year after March.

Magic will get 2.0 upgrades of Blue Iguana Cantina (my favorite for breakfast and several times for lunch), Guys Burgers (another fav lunch spot), Alchemy Bar (favorite bar), tequila bar on deck opposite the rum bar on deck (great for lunch). I think they're getting other things too but these are some of our favs from Liberty and spoiled us.

Ya the magic with 2.0 upgrades for 7 days... I can't wait till September!! I'm just hoping for nice weather and calm seas. Does anyone know if the magic will have the shows at night after dinner where they sing and do random stuff?

Did this Valor cruise a few weeks ago (first week of January), loved the ports and the ship (although did not love it as much as the Liberty for some reason) but we are also booked this coming December on the Magic same ports.

We were very excited to see the Magic come to PC (a drivable port for us) and as we really enjoyed this itinerary it was a no brainer for us. The Magic has a lot more to offer being bigger and newer although the Valor is being upgraded. The ports were a given for us but the opportunity to book a bigger ship in PC really won us over for this upcoming cruise.

I would go with Magic given the choice you are looking at.

Edited by Drazil65

Did this Valor cruise a few weeks ago (first week of January), loved the ports and the ship (although did not love it as much as the Liberty for some reason) but we are also booked this coming December on the Magic same ports.

We were very excited to see the Magic come to PC (a drivable port for us) and as we really enjoyed this itinerary it was a no brainer for us. The Magic has a lot more to offer being bigger and newer although the Valor is being upgraded. The ports were a given for us but the opportunity to book a bigger ship in PC really won us over for this upcoming cruise.

I would go with Magic given the choice you are looking at.

Thanks! We have booked the 7 day on the magic and are set to go for 9/17. It sure will be fun as we have not been to any of the itineraries yet. We have done the western Caribbean and Bahamas but not this one. I'm hoping the upgrades goes well for the magic in March or whenever and that they post YouTube videos. That be cool!