Lookin For A Staff Member...please Help!!!

starlite713

has anyone recently been on Mariner Of The Seas

and know an entertainment staff member by

the name of Garry?

All know is that his last name

starts with an "M"

hes from Mexico.

I just got off a cruise with him

I miss him soooo much!

he was great!

I know it must seem strange to miss a

staff member but I usually

always talk to the staff...i LOVE them!

and Garry was amazing!

he gave the best hugs and he was sooo sweet!

he made my cruise.

i'd give ANYTHING to have his e-mail

he probably would have gave it to me but

like the IDIOT i am, i was

too scared to ask him for it.

UGH! im sooo mad!

Anyone know who it is or if theres ANY

way I can get ahold of him??

I know its a LONG shot but i gotta try.

please e-mail me or IM me if you know anyting...

e-main - yesterdaysxhope@aol.com

AIM - SweetSoftKisses5

I think it's probably best you just forget about Garry. After all, he gets to meet thousands of women every week.

Gee Sally... that was a little cold, IMO!!! LOL!!!

I have kept in touch with several crewmembers over the years. In fact, I'm going on another cruise soon to see one whom I became friends with on my last cruise.

Unfortunately, I've neer sailed on the Mariner so I can help you locate Gary. Too bad you didn't get his email address before you left the ship. But you never know... a lot of people read these boards so maybe someone out there will be able to help you reconnect with him. If not... you could always book another cruise on the Mariner!!! Do you happen to know how long he will be working on that ship???

Good luck with your search!!! I hope things work out for you!!! :)

Go to a roll call thread for the Mariner and ask someone to give him your email. I got off the Mariner on 8/21, but didn't meet him.

Yes!!!! That's a really good idea and probably your best bet!!! Find someone who's going on the Mariner soon and have them pass your email address along to him!!!

Gee Sally... that was a little cold, IMO!!! LOL!!!

It may be a little cold, but it's the best advise for the OP. To be very blunt, he was being nice to you because that's his JOB. Sorry, but that's what he gets paid for, to see that you have a great cruise! As the above poster said, if he wanted to keep in touch he'd have given you his contact info. I have a few friends who work on ships, every week they pick someone out to be their "POW" (Passenger of the Week). As soon as the new passengers start coming onboard they've already forgotten all about the ones that just disembarked.

he made my cruise.
I tend to agree with the comments. If he did make your cruise, you would have gotten his email BEFORE you got off the ship. And HE would have seen to it that you got it. This scenario can go either way. Yes, people do "make" a cruise. And when a "person" "makes" a cruise, then somebody may tend to think that somebody is on the "make."

I am really not trying to be mean, but the OP sounds a bit stalkerish to me...sorry:(

I am sure that the guy would have made sure you had his info. if he wanted you to have it-

I am totally not trying to be mean, and it's great that he made your trip special, but let me tell you a story-

I met my ex-husband in Jamaica-he was employed at a huge resort (he is Jamaican, just to clarify)-he has told me countless stories about how people get attached to resort/cruise workers, not ever realizing that these staff members get a new group of thousands each and every week, and rarely does anything come of such friendships-

However, in my case, it did-but when I left Jamaica, I had every number under the sun, plus his address, email...becasue he made darn sure to give it to me as he wanted to stay in touch-I was with him for 7 years, he moved to the US, we have a son-but I am the huge exception to the rule-young, good looking staff members of ships/resorts get lots of mail from women who they can't even remember after the week is up, but they made such a special vacation for the traveler, that the traveler assumes that it was equally special for the staff member-not always-they get paid to keep you happy, and many of them love their jobs, and want you to be happy regardless-

All I am saying is that I have seen first hand the letters and cards (and money, and gifts, and plane tickets, and VISA sponsorships...) that women send these men after their trips are over, and for the most part, it is usually wasted sentiment-

Just don't get your hopes up is all I am saying-sorry:(

PS-they also usually have a wife and 3 kids tucked away somewhere in their home country...that's why they are working the ship, to send home $$ to their families-

I think the OP wants this thread to be gone, I know I would. It was a stupid question from a very young and impressionable girl.

I'm sure she does, but it's a question that comes up far too often. I guess there are a lot of lonely impressionable and very naive people out there.

Well, actually, I am not too old to remember my crushes! I am also not too old to say...Geez! It really does seem to me that the OP is following the unfortunate trend among the young to forego basic grammar while posting, and I have a feeling that she may not "like, you know, hook up, like, with this dude, you know, that she met on this totally awesome, you know, cruise thing, and, you know, like, I don't think she will get an IM, you know, from him."

(I have five kids...like, you know?):D

ok ok you guys, enough! So maybe I did have a crush on a guy I met on a cruise. But I do understand that it was just a crush and that nothing more will come out of it. I'm not stupid. You call yourself adults? HA! I'd get more respect from a 2 year old! I mean, I understand the some of you people who are warning me that I shouldn't be getting my hopes up, I understand that but some of you are being down right mean! you think you're better then me just because you are older and have been through more then I have? Get over yourselfs, please. I can't stand stuck up adults. You people are the reason we don't have peace in the world, because you JUMP at the chance to make fun of someone. Yeah, get real! And for you're information, he did e-mail me today. He got my e-mail from someone that I left it with. No, I'm not looking for a long lasting love from him, just someone who is friendly and has a good attitude to talk to now and then. Which is more then I can say for most of you. So who has the last laugh now?

Hmm well I do not have 5 kids and I am still way under the half century mark so I can certainly understand where you are coming from. Oh and I do tend to forget that some of the people who post on these boards are so worried about "proper grammar" that they forget their modifiers are dangling with some of the poppy cock they continue to dish out.

Umm like dude and dudettes if you can't play nice too - to - two- tutu then perhaps you should spend more time with your stamping and scrap booking clubs.

Can't we all just get along? :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Starlite- I can honestly say that I am happy for you...Don't listen to what everbody else has too say, they're just jealous because they relationships probably aren't working out therefore, they need to make fun of you! I'm glad that Garry contacted you and I honestly hope you guys hit it off well again, get married, and have children, that are more mature then the people on this board!

Congratulations again!

Starlite713, It's unfortunate people here think it's funny to be rude. I have a good sense of humor, but rudeness is just not funny.

Now, speaking from a mothers point of view, I just want to tell you to be careful. I'm sure this young man was nice and I'm sure you had fun. Just don't count on much more from him, you may set yourself up for heartbreak. There are plenty of men working on cruise ships who charm themselves into the lives of young women such as yourself for ulterior motives. Don't let yourself be used by this guy.

Although many people here have been less than kind, many of us have been around long enough to give advice from experience. I've never been in the same situation as you, but have had a co-worker get involved with a crew member several years back. It brought her nothing but heartache and misery. The only good time she had with him was the very first few days onboard the ship. The rest of the relationship was all about what he could get from her. Unfortunately, she allowed him into her life until she could no longer take it, an all around terrible time for her. These young men can be very charming, they do have lots of practise with new pax every week.

I know it has worked out for a few people, but the majority of ship board romance should be contained to the 7 days onboard the ship, just savor the happy memory.

Same here. I was just trying to point out the obvious to the OP. I also got over ourselfs (ourselves) quite a long time ago. I've never done scrapbooking or stamps or anything like that, either, as I like to cruise and travel as often as I can, which is several times a year, and I pay for it myself because I can. I was once on a group cruise with a co-worker who brought her 19-year old daughter with her. There was a "hunky" ship's officer that paid a lot of attention to her from the beginning, and she was really hooked! We thought it was "cute", but we all knew it was just a week's fling. They kept in contact for a month or so, and then all was forgotten. This very cute girl was "heartbroken" when he ceased communications, but she is now happily married with three great kids. I've been "hit on" on most of the cruises I've taken, but am mature enough to know that it means nothing. I've taken my two girls on several cruises, and they loved "flirting" with some of the crew, but were also mature enough to realize that it's basically all about having fun for a week. They now pay for their own cruises, and one is married and the other is engaged. Yes, I've had the "last laugh" for a number of years now. Please post again in a couple of months and let us know how things are going between you and Garry! If all works out, then good for you!

Starlite-

I still talk with one of the bartenders from the Mariner and I went on my last cruise October of last year. He worked in the Dragons Lair and made our trip a memorable one. He calls about once a month when he docks in Port Canaveral since I live local. He is getting married in December in Jamaica and I have helped him get some things for his 'bride to be' while he's in town. He much appreciated the help since I knew the area and where to take him to. I see nothing wrong with keeping in touch with a crew member if you can. Heck....many of my friends have gone on the ship since I went and he's been super good to them while on board. I have a new friend going on the Mariner in a week and she can't wait to meet him as well. There are perks to staying friends with some of the people. I do hope that you and Gary can keep in touch and the memory of your cruise lasts a long time!:p

Archived