Bring back the 5 day crossings!!!

Rotterdam

I am with you on the butter. From my earliest travel on Queen Mary the bread and butter on board has been superb. I could have made a meal of the hard rolls and the fresh butter on board. Most recent was on QV and the bread and butter were virtually identical to bread and butter on Star Princess or the Veendam. Not horrible, just not memorable.:D

I agree about the rolls, Jim. I was eating that butter on something, wasn't I? Yes, such a simple thing (rolls and butter)--- so perfect then and nothing to generate enthusiasm now.

Thank you for your comment. (I only wish Cunard was listening.)

I am with you on the butter. From my earliest travel on Queen Mary the bread and butter on board has been superb. I could have made a meal of the hard rolls and the fresh butter on board. ...
Someone I see frequently on board almost does this!

When I've shared the table he's seated at, he's asked the whole table (regardless of size) to request another bread roll each time they are offered. He then asks us all to pass over to him the rolls that no-one wants!

Furthermore, if a steward asks "is everything alright" he'll say "May I have another roll please?" and while the basket is being retrieved, he'll ask us all to say "And me please" when the steward returns, and then collects the unwanted rolls we've just been given!

Admittedly he only does this during the first courses, not desert... well, so far... ;)

Edited by pepperrn