Neptune Suite Coffee Maker

3rdGenCunarder

That Eurodam Mr. Coffee maker is on my counter at home; I just bought it on Amazon for $19 bucks or so.

K-cups for tea are, in general, terrible. You're better off getting hot water from the Keurig and then putting a tea bag in for tea.

Anyone who gives a hoot about sustainability (disclosure: I don't) should not be cruising. The dozen empty K-cups thrown away in a week by occupants of the PS are nothing compared to the waste created around the ship, never mind the ship's exhaust, the flights people took to get to the ship, etc.

That Eurodam Mr. Coffee maker is on my counter at home; I just bought it on Amazon for $19 bucks or so.

K-cups for tea are, in general, terrible. You're better off getting hot water from the Keurig and then putting a tea bag in for tea.

Anyone who gives a hoot about sustainability (disclosure: I don't) should not be cruising. The dozen empty K-cups thrown away in a week by occupants of the PS are nothing compared to the waste created around the ship, never mind the ship's exhaust, the flights people took to get to the ship, etc.

I've been OK with the Keurig tea in a hotel room. It's better than room service tea, which is tea bags and a carafe of hot water. It's likely the carafe held coffee in the past, so that makes gross tea, never mind that it isn't hot enough. At least the times I've had K-cup tea, it hasn't tasted like coffee. I don't have a Keurig at home. I have the $19.95 Mr Coffee, and it makes the kind of coffee we like. And for tea, I have a kettle and a teapot.

We didn't use either machine.

I don't drink coffee and DH gets his coffee either in the Neptune Lounge or at the Pinnacle.

I can understand your DH getting Neptune Lounge coffee. It is so good. :)

HAL is not consistent with what is in the cabins.

For example -- this is the type of coffee machine we had on our recent Eurodam cruise -- PS cabin:

>SNIP<

While last spring on the Zuiderdam we had the Nespresso in our PS cabin:

>SNIP<

KK I just wanted to tell you how extremely cool I think it is, that you have so much first-hand knowledge of the Pinnacle Suites :) :) :)