Drone Selfie on Anthem...

I can tell you a funny drone story we where on Allure of the seas, and someone had a drone they where flying it on the outside of the ship and over the back deck. Most drones have a return home feature, which means it lands where it took off from. It was obvious to us that whoever was flying the drone was counting on this feature to land the drone. The only problem was the ship was moving and when they wanted it to return it did back where it started. The only problem was the ship was moving. So it landed in the middle of the ocean. LOL

I can tell you a funny drone story we where on Allure of the seas, and someone had a drone they where flying it on the outside of the ship and over the back deck. Most drones have a return home feature, which means it lands where it took off from. It was obvious to us that whoever was flying the drone was counting on this feature to land the drone. The only problem was the ship was moving and when they wanted it to return it did back where it started. The only problem was the ship was moving. So it landed in the middle of the ocean. LOL

That would be an expensive mistake! Should not laugh but it is funny.

I have ordered a Lily but will not get it until next year. It follows you and returns to the controller which you wear. I was wondering if you would be allowed to use a drone on board?

I have ordered a Lily but will not get it until next year. It follows you and returns to the controller which you wear. I was wondering if you would be allowed to use a drone on board?

I don't know about other cruise lines but drones have been banned on Carnival ships.

As mentioned, use of drones is banned aboard most ships unless the pilot has specific permission to use it. It could present a danger to guests should the drone get out of control. The wifi and data connection between the pilot and drone will be subject to interference as well as possible signal termination from the ship's metal and flat surfaces. With the price tag of several hundred to several thousand dollars, I would highly recommend all drone owners to NOT even consider the idea of sneaking a flight aboard!!!

haha! Best laugh of the day!

But, I'd think that drones wouldn't be authorized to bring onboard?

Royal added drones to their list of prohibited items within the past year.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608

I keep seeing the short videos on Instagram of people waving to a drone off the back of the ship, before it moves out and you can see the entire ship. Is this a regular feature or only for the America Inaugural cruises?

Yup!! They were done by Royal. A friend from shoreside F&B posted one of the F&B team too!

• 5 months later...

I'm on Anthem right now and I broth my drone. They didn't allow me to bring to to my room but told me I can get it from them again any port to use in port. Took amazing footage today on Labade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm on Anthem right now and I broth my drone. They didn't allow me to bring to to my room but told me I can get it from them again any port to use in port. Took amazing footage today on Labade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would love to see your footage of the ports you visited.

Also concerned about my privacy issue. I can't sit out on my balcony in my nighty on port days?:eek:

I would love to see your footage of the ports you visited.

Also concerned about my privacy issue. I can't sit out on my balcony in my nighty on port days?:eek:

Sure you can, you just might be more widely known than you think. :D