Explorer Safe Question...

KeyOfSea

especially for someone going on her soon.

I was wondering if you can use any mag stripe card (like a grocery store rewards card instead of a credit card) for the safe. Does someone know or would someone be willing to check for me and report back?

Thanks!

We were on the Mariner in August of '04 and the promenade cabins had the same type of safe. We were across the hall from my son and his wife, they were in the promenade and we again had the balcony. The promenade cabin was just fine, we would not have a problem cruising in one.

Tim & Crystal

especially for someone going on her soon.

I was wondering if you can use any mag stripe card (like a grocery store rewards card instead of a credit card) for the safe. Does someone know or would someone be willing to check for me and report back?

Thanks!

Trish, on the Explorer, the safe has a keypad where you choose a 4-digit code that enables the safe during your cruise.

On the Enchantment, it had a safe with the magnetic stripe system. Thanks to these boards, we knew about that ahead of time. I SURE didn't want to be carrying my credit card around with me! Truly, ANY magnetic stripe will work, so I took my SEARS CRAFTSMAN CLUB card, and it worked like a charm. I was chuckling the whole time. Losing THAT was NOT going to inspire ANY panic in me! ;)

Carol

As you can see from my sig, we haven't been on a Voyager class ship yet. Glad to know about the key pad but also the card. We didn't take "extra" cards with us last time but, in the future, we'll know to take an insignificant card for that purpose.

Thanks for all the help.

Archived