Shore Excursion - Cozumel and Belize City for Indy 5-nights

sjh1074

All,

We're getting on the Indy for a 5 night, two adults and a 6 year-old. Any recommendation for the Cozumel and Belize shore excursion? Our first time on any Royal ship and looking forward to it!

Thanks for any advice!:)

Cozumel has several private beach resorts with activities for kids. There are several $ levels of dolphin encounters available there as well.

Never been to Belize, sorry. However if we do go I want to try cave tubing.

If you don't mind booking your own trip rather than go through Royal, you could also read through the ports of call area and find lots of recommendations.

Edited by TBone2K

I have been to cozumel at least 10 times.

If you want to do a dolphin thing. I highly recommend Dolphinarius.(been there 3 times)

if you google them you will find them. They are inbetween the ship and downtown so you can easily do it and then go downtown. instead of being far away at chakanub

also... when I booked online on Their website, not RCCl (which no longer offers this excursion) I did 2 kids and 3 observers for a total of $230.00 and the observers got free drinks ... It's a great place

Ordinarily I only book through the ship for fear of not making it back, but this place is literally a five minute cab ride from the ship dock. and a beautiful location. Just remember if you do book.. It is based on cozumel time not ship time so do your research.....

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

One of my all-time favorite shore excursions was the Salsa, Salsa, and Margaritas in Cozumel: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=CZM3&DestinationCode=

At least when I went in 2013, it was held on the covered upper deck/terrace of a BEAUTIFUL resort with a view of the water. We sat at large round tables where they taught us to make 6-7 different salsas, including a dessert one, and kept the frozen strawberry margaritas pouring (non-alcoholic available). Then we learned to salsa dance and had access to the resort pool afterward (but I was there in January so we didn't swim). It was TONS of fun and deliciousness. But I'm a foodie, so food type tours interest me.

Paradise Beach in Cozumel is great for a beach day. $3 to get in gets you a chair by the beach or pool. They have inflated beach toys in the water, ($15 charge if you want to use those), a great restaurant and great service right from your chair!

It's about a 5 mile ride by taxi and the fare is usually cheap. When you're ready to leave there will be taxi's waiting at the entrance.

Going here on our Indy trip in February!!

Edited by wrighka