4/8 cruise almost sold out??

crabbdock

I wouldn't switch ships. You picked it for a reason, and most ships sell fully sold out any given time of the year. Plus that is peak season. Whatever you switch to is likely to be fully sold out as well.

But, where are you finding this data about how sold your ship is?

There is a site called cruise fish that will show you how sold out your ship is.. I understand all cruises are sold out by the time they sail. Just find it strange the cruise before and after this one, are still over 50% empty. My cruise was at 50% a week ago, so that's 30% of cabins sold in one week, and just curious if anyone had any ideas on why? It does suck that there wont be any price reductions, but I guess I should be happy I booked when I did...lol,,

By seeing which cruise you have booked it could be the issue. Well the itinerary that is. I was looking at it and the 2 cruises on her after. The April 8 cruise is cheaper for me than the 2 following weeks. It could be a factor. I tend to look at what months I want to sail and choose the cheapest being a family of five and then choose between itineraries.

The percentage indicates what percentage of cruise categories are still available, not the percentage of cabins available. There could be one room of each category available or 100 rooms of each type available, only the cruise line knows for sure

Inventory management is today a science! There is no way any cruise line would allow detailed information regarding their booking levels to be public information.

You may get some percentages, that are estimates, but that is all they are. Some would call them guessing.

The percentage indicates what percentage of cruise categories are still available, not the percentage of cabins available. There could be one room of each category available or 100 rooms of each type available, only the cruise line knows for sure

Carnival shows all insides sold out, so maybe that explains it...