Laundry questions

Mominor

We are a family of 5 traveling and about 3 years ago I realized it was better to pack a little more than enough to go 1/2 our trip and then do laundry 1/2 way thru. When I tried to pack for the entire trip we always seemed to run out of something so I was doing laundry anyways. But since RCI doesn't have self service laundry I'm rethinking this. I'm wondering, what do you do? I know that we can wear things more than once but in the hot humid weather who wants to wear a stinky shirt again? I thought I read that I could buy an unlimited laundry package but now can't find where I read that. Does anybody know? If so how much? We have a 10 night trip planned and I'm honestly not sure if my boys have that many pairs of shorts. Thanks!

About half way through your cruise you should get a laundry bag special. You can put as much as you can fit in the bag, usually t-shirts, gym short, underwear, and other such items. It is amazing how much you fit if you fold nicely. To launder everything in the bag is a set price. I think the latest is $30. If you are a C&A member, depending on level, you will have a discount off that price.

We use the bag to get us through the second part of the cruise for those type of items. We have found that the nicer clothes (worn for dinner and later in the day) can be worn more than once so usually have enough of those. Besides, I am not sure I would put anything nice in the laundry bag.

Watch the compass to see when the bag special is as we have found some attendants don't always leave the bag without you asking.

We use the wash 'n fold bag as describe above for underwear, socks, pj's & such but I also use the laundry service for shorts, shirts & pants as needed. I realized there is only 2 of us compared to 5 of you but you might want to just budget a little for this extra cost. I have also washed out stuff in the sink and hung to dry, using magnetic hooks from the ceiling ( not my idea of vacation but cheaper) !

I have never heard of an unlimited laundry package. The laundry bag mentioned above is great, we also wash some things like bathing suits or underwear out in the sink. I have also found the prices for sending particular items (such as hubby's shirts for dinner) out to be laundered/pressed quite reasonable compared to what we pay at home. YMMV

About half way through your cruise you should get a laundry bag special. You can put as much as you can fit in the bag, usually t-shirts, gym short, underwear, and other such items. It is amazing how much you fit if you fold nicely. To launder everything in the bag is a set price. I think the latest is $30. If you are a C&A member, depending on level, you will have a discount off that price.

We use the bag to get us through the second part of the cruise for those type of items. We have found that the nicer clothes (worn for dinner and later in the day) can be worn more than once so usually have enough of those. Besides, I am not sure I would put anything nice in the laundry bag.

Watch the compass to see when the bag special is as we have found some attendants don't always leave the bag without you asking.

Thanks so much! How long until you get the bag of clean clothes back from this special? Is the next day or should I expect it to be longer?

Thanks so much! How long until you get the bag of clean clothes back from this special? Is the next day or should I expect it to be longer?
It seems to me that laundry bags are delivered midweek and returned 2 days later. I always ask for them the first day which seems to confuse to room steward for some reason. Our dry cleaning has been returned the next day but not the laundry.