Chanukah on the Regal Princess

Iceberg2

Excerpt from Princess FAQs: Religious Services:

We respect our guests' religious beliefs and invite them to practice on their own or with their fellow guests. Guests who wish to lead religious services may volunteer by contacting the Guest Services desk or a member of the Cruise Staff. In some cases, our shipboard staff will lead services. However, Princess Cruises does not place clergy on board our vessels.

[...]

For Hanukkah, services are available and will be guest-led with wine, Challah bread, prayers and an electric Menorah (no candles or live flames) provided by Princess. Supplies are present and available for anyone who wants to lead the service at 5:30 PM on Friday evenings.

If you would like to bring on your own Menorah, you may. However, since candles are prohibited onboard all Princess ships, it must be electric (no live flame).

You can ask at the Purser's desk when you board if they have already scheduled the location and time; even if you don't volunteer to participate you will be reminding them to list the candle lighting in the Patter.

You can ask at the Purser's desk when you board if they have already scheduled the location and time; even if you don't volunteer to participate you will be reminding them to list the candle lighting in the Patter.

Thanks for your reply - I will check it out once on the cruise.

A few cruises ago, we were on the Island Princess during Hanukkah and before our cruise, I found a foam sticky menorah kit at Michaels. We put it up by the in-cabin TV and "lit" the candles each evening. There were candle lightings in a lounge each night. In fact, many families had brought their menorahs on the cruise and a retired rabbi supervised the kids lighting the candles. I don't think clergy is still invited for these services anymore.

Using listed in the daily patter.

A few cruises ago' date=' we were on the Island Princess during Hanukkah and before our cruise, I found a foam sticky menorah kit at Michaels. We put it up by the in-cabin TV and "lit" the candles each evening. There were candle lightings in a lounge each night. In fact, many families had brought their menorahs on the cruise and a retired rabbi supervised the kids lighting the candles. I don't think clergy is still invited for these services anymore.[/quote']

I do also have a gel stick on menorah and gel candles that I will bring to stick on the mirror too.In the past, I have used them in my office at work, so they will be coming with me on the cruise.