A few observations on the UBP (Ultimate Beverage Package)

GITC

Well, I wasn't asking for help, but thanks anyway I guess...

I'm saying that the same argument folks use to be upset about cans or bottles can be used for bottles of liquor also, but no one is griping about not being able to take bottles of Mount Gay back to their stateroom.

I think this comparison is a bit unfair. We are talking about single-serving, non-alcoholic beverages, not liquor. Your comparison would be more applicable if all mixed drinks were poured using airline-sized bottles, which of course they are not.

The soda issue would make more sense if they did not carry cans of soda and exclusively served from the tap. But the fact that the person saw the soda being poured from a can into a glass and was not allowed to have the can is a bit laughable. This goes back to the OP's main point- the Ultimate Beverage Package is a misnomer.

Well, I wasn't asking for help, but thanks anyway I guess...

I'm saying that the same argument folks use to be upset about cans or bottles can be used for bottles of liquor also, but no one is griping about not being able to take bottles of Mount Gay back to their stateroom.

You do actually have a point, but you're using the wrong drinks to make it.

Threads like these demonstrate that people have an issue with not being able to get cans of soda on the UBP to drink later in their room. You can also not get unopened bottles of beer to drink later. Barstaff will always open then when ordered.

That is actually something of an issue to us, and was one of the main reasons why I don't buy the beverage package (as buckets of beer are not covered). My thinking was always that this meant that the package didn't really work for us and it was a factor which made it not worth the cost.

When we get the UBP included we work round it, but it isn't ideal. However, I'm not complaining as the overall cost means it's worth making that extra bit of effort. The same goes for soda.

I've always been a bit confused why not being able to get unopened soda seems to be so much more of an issue than not being able to get unopened beer.

Edited by KeithJenner