Question about Embarking Early on Brilliance out of Barcelona?

1st time cruising. Does anyone know if we can embark Brilliance early? I think we are allowed to embark at 3pm for 7pm sailing out of Barcelona. We wanted to drop our bags off early and explore the city. Any idea how close port is to the city. Heard it is easy to hop onto a bus to go back to the heart of the city. Thanks in advance for all the info.

I think they begin the boarding around 1pm. We didn't get there until around 3pm but a lot of people were already on board so that's just an estimate. The cruise terminal is close to the downtown, not far from the Columbus (Colon) statue. However, I would not call it walking distance. I think once you get on board and get your things put away then you're free to get back off and head back into the city. There are plenty of taxis dropping off passengers so I think they'd be thrilled to get a fare going back the other way. Have the driver take you to the foot of Las Rambla, the famous pedestrian street and then walk from there. Or if you have something specific you want to see, have the taxi take you there and then work your way back towards the pier by foot or via the Metro system.

BobK/Orlando

We did the Brilliance out of Barcelona last year!

about 10:00 AM last year. You do end up waiting for awhile though. We had come in by train from Paris early in the morning so we were there by 8:30.

You can also buy an all day bus pass for their tourist buses and you will get to see a lot of the city prior to sailing. Just be careful you're back in time and don't get off the bus too many times.

Archived