No Private Island for us

jfkny

Jfkny, how has the weather been this week? Besides missing that stop, has it been a good cruise?

The weather was very chilly until late Monday afternoon. Tuesday at sea was nice and warm and we spent the majority of the day at the Vibe. That was the day we arrived in Florida. We were a little delayed getting off due to a medical emergency. So

We had to wait until the passenger was removed by ambulance.

This was the second emergency in two days. On Monday the coast guard has to take a passenger off when we are near North Carolina.

Yesterday was sunny and warm but vey windy. We went to the Vibe when we found out that we were not going into GSC but the wind was so bad the water from the hot tubs were blowing out.

Today was Nassau, it was overcast with periods of sun. We had a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton and even with the periods of clouds we managed to get sun burn.

Hoping for another nice Vibe day tomorrow while at sea.

The weather was very chilly until late Monday afternoon. Tuesday at sea was nice and warm and we spent the majority of the day at the Vibe. That was the day we arrived in Florida. We were a little delayed getting off due to a medical emergency. So

We had to wait until the passenger was removed by ambulance.

This was the second emergency in two days. On Monday the coast guard has to take a passenger off when we are near North Carolina.

Yesterday was sunny and warm but vey windy. We went to the Vibe when we found out that we were not going into GSC but the wind was so bad the water from the hot tubs were blowing out.

Today was Nassau, it was overcast with periods of sun. We had a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton and even with the periods of clouds we managed to get sun burn.

Hoping for another nice Vibe day tomorrow while at sea.

I had that day pass at the British Colonial Hilton on my first cruise back in 2011. It was a nice day, the beach was quiet,and on the walk back to the ship I had my first drink at a Señor Frogs. Tell me, is that Dunkin Donuts still open across the street from the hotel? Does the day pass still come with a lunch credit? The food at the hotel pool was very good!:)

So if it's too rough to go in, does it usually become a sea day, or do they usually go into Nassau?

For the BA they typically have been making it a sea day for the short trip to Nassau and then getting to Nassau around 6 (looked a bit earlier this week) the night before you are due in Nassau.

I had that day pass at the British Colonial Hilton on my first cruise back in 2011. It was a nice day, the beach was quiet,and on the walk back to the ship I had my first drink at a Señor Frogs. Tell me, is that Dunkin Donuts still open across the street from the hotel? Does the day pass still come with a lunch credit? The food at the hotel pool was very good!:)

Yes, the DD is still open across the street. There were two other boats in port with us so everyone must have been getting their DD fix. The line was out the door to the street.

The day pass at the Hilton which was $60 per person, and included a $40 food or beverage pass for each of us. Well worth it, especially since they had a special on the drink of the day (Bahama Mama). Buy two, get one free.

The food was also very good. The pool was heated and the beach while very small was very clean and steps from the pool area. The staff were also very attentive.

Considering you could walk to it from the ship it was definately worth it.

Yes, the DD is still open across the street. There were two other boats in port with us so everyone must have been getting their DD fix. The line was out the door to the street.

The day pass at the Hilton which was $60 per person, and included a $40 food or beverage pass for each of us. Well worth it, especially since they had a special on the drink of the day (Bahama Mama). Buy two, get one free.

The food was also very good. The pool was heated and the beach while very small was very clean and steps from the pool area. The staff were also very attentive.

Considering you could walk to it from the ship it was definately worth it.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to be in Nassau in January and I can do without Atlantis. I think I'm going to revisit an "old friend".[emoji3]

We the currently on the Breakaway and WA had to bypass the island today because the water was to rough for the tenders.

The Captain said that we will dock in Nassau at 6 this evening. Instead.

it is a bummer,but it happens. We have only missed GSC once or mayber twice, but have missed the private island on HAL also and both times we sailed RCI.

BUT...a pier will not generate an extra $50 pp :eek: Like a ship will. :D

What do you mean "generate $50 pp" There is no charge to visit GSC...

The reason there can't be a pier is because the surrounding water is too shallow so the ship must anchor further out in deeper water and use tenders...

What do you mean "generate $50 pp" There is no charge to visit GSC...

The reason there can't be a pier is because the surrounding water is too shallow so the ship must anchor further out in deeper water and use tenders...

As you can see by the emoticon in post you quoted.....it was a funny.....re: a new ship would help generate funds ($50pp referencing the CEO's recent comments re: wanting to increase revenue)...a pier does not provide added revenue .