Dining package on Grandeur, what about Izumi?

Lmarie6

Does anyone know how the dining package works if you want to eat at Izumi? Since it is a la carte, exactly what do you get for the price you paid for the package? We definitely are planning on eating at Giovanni's as well as Izumi, so we decided to get the package since it should basically come out as buy two get one free, but I hadn't considered that Izumi works differently then the others... Can anyone here who has done this before offer any advice or comments?

Thanks in advance for your help. We embark this Saturday!

Does anyone know how the dining package works if you want to eat at Izumi? Since it is a la carte, exactly what do you get for the price you paid for the package? We definitely are planning on eating at Giovanni's as well as Izumi, so we decided to get the package since it should basically come out as buy two get one free, but I hadn't considered that Izumi works differently then the others... Can anyone here who has done this before offer any advice or comments?

What dining package did you purchase?

What dining package did you purchase?

Thanks for your response!

3 Night Dining Package for $70... but I found my answer on the website:

"For restaurants with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 credit towards the food portion of your bill." Was going to let the thread just die, but thought since I found the answer I would post it in case others are wondering the same thing.

when we were on GR we got a $20 credit at Izumi. it was enough to get pretty much any option( hot rock or sushi combos.. no Hibachi on GR)

Thanks for your response!

3 Night Dining Package for $70... but I found my answer on the website:

"For restaurants with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 credit towards the food portion of your bill." Was going to let the thread just die, but thought since I found the answer I would post it in case others are wondering the same thing.

Thanks for reeporting back, I didn't know the credit was $30.

• 1 month later...
Does that restaurant serve anything other than sushi?

yup. the hot rock option is pretty nice..meat, veggies, etc. they also have miso soup , a tofu soup and I wanna say a version of Hot n Sour soup( been a few years since we ate there). and the bigger ships have the new hibachi style.

What was your opinion of the specialty restaurants, since I think you have now already cruised? Ours in coming up Feb 21st out of Baltimore and just wondered if or which specialty I should book?

Also, do you know if signing up for your roll call is the same as signing up for a meet and mingle?

• 2 weeks later...
What was your opinion of the specialty restaurants, since I think you have now already cruised? Ours in coming up Feb 21st out of Baltimore and just wondered if or which specialty I should book?

Also, do you know if signing up for your roll call is the same as signing up for a meet and mingle?

HI Payankee,

We are on that cruise also. Coming from the UK.

Signing up for roll call is via the boards. Meet and mingle is via RCI and they need a certain number to host the event. They provide soft drinks and nibbles and some trinkets for the event.

We dined at Izumi on the first night (sea day) and LOVED it. We each got an appetizer and a hot rock entree, then we shared mochi dessert. Everything was excellent, though services was slightly slow toward the end despite the restaurant being nearly empty (maybe 3 or 4 tables besides ours).

We dined at Giovanni's Table on the night we were supposed to have been at Cococay but ended up in Nassau instead (waves too rough for tenders) and it was amazing! You better be hungry if you go here because the portions are huge and everything was delicious. I had a mushroom risotto that I will remember for the rest of my life because it was so good!

Lastly, we dined at Chops the final night (sea day) and it was good too, but service was very slow and we missed the show that night. Everything tasted good, though.

I hope this helps.

Also, regarding the Meet & Mingle, you can sign up for that through the Royal Caribbean website, but there will likely be a link posted in your roll call.

We dined at Izumi on the first night (sea day) and LOVED it. We each got an appetizer and a hot rock entree, then we shared mochi dessert. Everything was excellent, though services was slightly slow toward the end despite the restaurant being nearly empty (maybe 3 or 4 tables besides ours).

We dined at Giovanni's Table on the night we were supposed to have been at Cococay but ended up in Nassau instead (waves too rough for tenders) and it was amazing! You better be hungry if you go here because the portions are huge and everything was delicious. I had a mushroom risotto that I will remember for the rest of my life because it was so good!

Lastly, we dined at Chops the final night (sea day) and it was good too, but service was very slow and we missed the show that night. Everything tasted good, though.

I hope this helps.

Also, regarding the Meet & Mingle, you can sign up for that through the Royal Caribbean website, but there will likely be a link posted in your roll call.

Thanks for the information. I did sign up for the M&M. Now I have to convince hubby that paying for a specialty restaurant is worth it since he thinks he already paid for food on the cruise.