Bahia Mar

Mominor

Anybody stay at Bahia Mar recently? I've read some negative reviews recently. Wondering if the construction is that bad? Rooms that dirty? Our stay is in December and I have ocean view rooms reserved.

My other choice is Embassy Suites. But I like the idea of being able to walk to the beach since we fly in at noon and want to go to the beach most of the day we arrive. We have 30-40 degree weather right now so we are looking forward to 70-80 degree weather 🌞

The tower rooms are where I'd choose. Construction when it starts will be by the smaller building area.

I didn't think work was started there yet.:confused:

Location is great for beach, restaurants water taxi, sun trolley all in easy walking distance.

Thanks for your suggestions. It sounds like the construction was room updates and not the big construction I've heard is happening next year. They had a notation when I booked that construction was happening until some time in November so I don't expect there to be any when we are there next month.

Sounds like I'm sticking with the Bahia Mar. I'm just hoping the rooms are not as outdated and dirty as some have said in reviews. I will report back when we return so you know for you NYE stay.

Thanks!

We stayed here earlier this week. Won't stay again. We usually stay at Embassy Suites but wanted to try this for one night. Embassy suites is not a five star by any stretch, but this one ranks lower for us. Pool area doesn't compare, it rained all day so beach was out as far as a way to spend time, as was walking to much else. They tout the size of their rooms. Yes it was a large ocean front in the tower. But it has almost no furniture - a round dining type table with two dining type chairs. No comfy chairs so you are either at the table or on the bed. Huge wasted space walk in closet with enough room for all my clothes from home. Toilet and tub area was very tiny/cramped, dated and in need of a do over. So, a big room but nothing nice about it. And we found it noisy all night long from the street below (we were on 10th floor). Burger in the on site restaurant was very good! Glad we tried it but back to the ES for us.

Because of its location along the beach and easy walking to a variety of restaurants, we would choose Bahia over any hotel on 17th st. Coming from the midwest winters, we find the busy street not where we want to spend time when in Fort. ;) But lots do like that strip of commercial roadway.

Your description of your tower room is different from what we have had. Guess they vary a bit.