Drink Packages

bride13

Hi,

I'm going on our first cruise (Independence of the seas Jan 11-16) a cruise with my 5 year old daughter and 9 year old son (my husband can't get off work and has to stay home). My son drinks fountain drinks but my daughter does not. I don't drink a lot of alcohol (I can see having 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks during the cruise). I'm wondering where complimentary drinks will be located and how much access do you have to them (i.e. is it only during meal hours) and whether it would be worth getting one of the alcohol free drink packages? We will be staying on deck 9.

If you don't have the drink package, how much would drinks be:

Fountain drink: $?

Tea:$?

Virgin Pina Colada $?

Real Pina Colada $?

Mixed drinks:$?

Water??

Also, are you allowed to bring things like juiceboxes onboard?

Hi,

I'm going on our first cruise (Independence of the seas Jan 11-16) a cruise with my 5 year old daughter and 9 year old son (my husband can't get off work and has to stay home). My son drinks fountain drinks but my daughter does not. I don't drink a lot of alcohol (I can see having 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks during the cruise). I'm wondering where complimentary drinks will be located and how much access do you have to them (i.e. is it only during meal hours) and whether it would be worth getting one of the alcohol free drink packages? We will be staying on deck 9.

If you don't have the drink package, how much would drinks be:

Fountain drink: $?

Tea:$?

Virgin Pina Colada $?

Real Pina Colada $?

Mixed drinks:$?

Water??

Also, are you allowed to bring things like juiceboxes onboard?

The soda package may be a good deal for your son...for kids the cost is only about $4.50/day plus the 18% gratuity. Individual sodas are about $2.25, plus gratuity. Note that 18% gratuity is added to all drink prices.

For you, a drink package probably does not make sense, just pay as you go. Virgin drinks are about $5.00...with alcohol in it, about $10-12. Simple mixed drinks are about $10.

Tea and tap water is free...along with coffee, lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast. All are available in the Windjammer Cafe. The cafe Promenade also has complementary coffee, tap water and sometimes a flavored water.

If considering purchasing one of the non-alcohol drink package (called Replenish) keep in mind they are for one person and can not be shared.

You may carry on juice boxes, bottled water, or soda.

Hi. Thanks for the info. I have looked at the drink packages but trying to decide if it would be worth getting or if complimentary beverages are available all day in convenient locations. I saw in other posts that you can buy the drink packages once onboard. Is the price the same?

Hi. Thanks for the info. I have looked at the drink packages but trying to decide if it would be worth getting or if complimentary beverages are available all day in convenient locations. I saw in other posts that you can buy the drink packages once onboard. Is the price the same?

Package prices are the same onboard or pre-cruise.

The complimentary drinks, coffee, iced tea, hot tea, tap water, juice, not fresh squeezed orange juice, milk, chocolate milk, hot chocolate, lemonade, some type of flavored water, are available in the dining rooms, Windjammer buffet, promenade cafe.

If you are by the pool on the main pool deck, for example, you would have to go inside to the Windjammer to get a drink.

Any bar will give you a glass of iced tap water.

Some people use a coffee mug/sports bottle and fill it and carry with them. You cannot fill directly from the sprocket (health rules) but it is easy to take a glass and fill bottle/cup.

If you only drink the amount of alcohol you say you do...then simply buy them as you want them....you'll need to drink about 7 alcoholic drinks per day to make a package pay for itself.

Ice water (avail. everywhere and in your cabin!), coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast is included in your fare.

If you throw a 6 pack of sodas in your carryon, they really don't care.....

Doesn't sound like ANY package would make sense for you. Just buy as you go.

Edited by cb at sea