Inside cabins/Observation Deck/Noordam

lukydog

Guest debbiejohncruise
In fact I just read a comment from 'iris5383' that the drawers under the beds are significantly smaller than in previous or other beds' drawers, and we had room with those.

Thanks so much!!! Great to hear that. We can't wait for our cruise. Longest one yet! Enjoy your transatlantic cruise next year! Debbie

Debbie,

Yes 35 days is LONG! I think you made the right choice not taking the guarantee for your cruise. Our longest was 26-day and we had essentially a guarantee (in that we didn't get a choice just an assignment from mail-order agency), under the Blues venu. We were rocked to sleep each night by the booming bass! Fortunately, we can sleep through most anything.

As far as our 16-day TA, DH says let's try 10021 which is in your bank of "new" insides -- having been added in April of 2015. I'm liking ready access to Explorations Cafe/Crows Nest, the 3/4 loop open deck, and nearness of Lido Deck... We had already planned to revert to packing very lightly, so the somewhat smaller space is not a big factor.

We are going from Boston to Rotterdam and return (Voyage of the Vikings) 30 Jul 2019.

Debbie,

This is a cruise of dreams! (Retirement dreams!)

I ran a dummy booking and I see that 10024 is available. This is the same layout room with a window overlooking the top of the Lido Pool cover, which might be considered like the hotel room overlooking the dumpster alley, but hey, daylight is daylight! See if you can change?

In fact I just read a comment from 'iris5383' that the drawers under the beds are significantly smaller than in previous or other beds' drawers, and we had room with those.

We had plenty of room in the drawers, but in case everything won't fit, we have used one of our smaller suitcases kept within easy access under the bed. We put stuff in there that we didn't need to get to everyday, like the souvenirs purchased along the way.

....we have used one of our smaller suitcases kept within easy access under the bed. We put stuff in there that we didn't need to get to everyday, like the souvenirs purchased along the way.

That is a great idea! My souvenirs sorta dominated our small sofa on recent Alaska trip. And now we're in one of the deck 10 insides, too; gotta keep it organized!

Laura, I see you're headed to Cuba... That has piqued my interest as a 'new' possible itinerary; I'll be interested to hear your experiences.

I figure to use the underbed drawers for trousers; socks and undies in the nightstands; hang everything possible, but undershirt-type T-shirts (etc) in fabric box "drawers" like these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MFB3KHD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

on the shelves in the innermost closet. A couple of the smaller ones seem like they'll be handy in the bathroom, too.

Laura, I see you're headed to Cuba... That has piqued my interest as a 'new' possible itinerary; I'll be interested to hear your experiences.

We're looking forward to it. There are lots of rules with Americans visiting Cuba, but we'll figure it all out. clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

I will hopefully post a review after we return, so check in the Veendam reviews of Cuba within a month or two after our return at the end of October. We're leaving in about 2-1/2 weeks!

Guest debbiejohncruise
Debbie,

This is a cruise of dreams! (Retirement dreams!)

I ran a dummy booking and I see that 10024 is available. This is the same layout room with a window overlooking the top of the Lido Pool cover, which might be considered like the hotel room overlooking the dumpster alley, but hey, daylight is daylight! See if you can change?

I think we will prefer not having that little window. Thanks for looking for us though. Deb

• 3 weeks later...
Guest debbiejohncruise
On 12/3/2015 at 5:30 PM, lukydog said:

SciTech, did you feel much motion with the forward inside? Hubby and I are not really bothered by motion but we have another couple going that have never cruised before & don't know if it would bother them. I'm just really torn between keeping the balcony or being close to the Crow's Nest and steps away from an outside observation deck. I believe there are a few balconies still open on the observation deck (port side and we are going Northbound) so if we could move there without paying extra that could be another option.

I read that the balcony rooms on the observation deck had Juliette balconies (no room for chairs or table) so I am happy we booked an inside on the observation deck.

• 2 months later...