Mini bar swap

flying fingers

I've always wondered why I just can't pick what I want on the minibar before I board? That would save everyone time and effort (are you listening, Princess?)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

We did a b2b2b around South America in 2013. There were over 1000 Elites on for the duration. Late in the first and second leg, we got a form asking us to mark our choice(s).

I've always wondered why I just can't pick what I want on the minibar before I board? That would save everyone time and effort (are you listening, Princess?)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I believe it would make things even worse.

You know people would change their minds once onboard.

I say leave it the way it is.

We did a b2b2b around South America in 2013. There were over 1000 Elites on for the duration. Late in the first and second leg, we got a form asking us to mark our choice(s).

That works great on b2b cruises but even without a form I've called them near the end of one segment to request 2 coffee cards which they happily brought to me without having to physically exchange the minibar setup.

I believe it would make things even worse.

You know people would change their minds once onboard.

I say leave it the way it is.

I feel the same way because it could result in an even more time consuming process when changes are made to changes.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Re: the wine option it is now up to $40 and room service will hand you the bottle when they take away the entire mini bar set up. This is the official wording from the Princess website:

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

I hope that is a new change. In December on the Star Princess, the only red wine they would give me was Puerto Viejo. It is the least expensive red wine that they have. Under $30.

I hope that is a new change. In December on the Star Princess, the only red wine they would give me was Puerto Viejo. It is the least expensive red wine that they have. Under $30.

You can go to the Questions section of the Captain's Circle site & print out that statement & this link to their policy if you have a problem again.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Edited by Astro Flyer

You can go to the Questions section of the Captain's Circle site & print out that statement & this link to their policy if you have a problem again.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Thanks, I did. Can we assume we can choose our bottle or is it their choice of a bottle valued at under $40? I did not care for the bottle they chose for me.

Thanks, I did. Can we assume we can choose our bottle or is it their choice of a bottle valued at under $40? I did not care for the bottle they chose for me.

I haven't tried exchanging for wine (usually get half beer & half Diet Coke) but wouldn't assume anything because too often there is a lack of consistency in implementing Princess' written policy. :(

How things are handled can vary based on the ship, when sailing or the individual who gives their version of Princess policy which sometimes is completely wrong & is why I bring written documentation for times when they're wrong.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks Frank I never take advantage of the wine exchange.

I know the last time I did it was under $20 so that will tell you it was years ago.

Wow..that was awhile ago...10 beers & 10 Diet Cokes is usually our preference except on short or b2b cruises & when we may get 2 coffee cards instead.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I swap the liquor bottles out for gin and the soda cans for tonic water. Now if I could just get them to supply me with cut up limes. :rolleyes:

When you call room service to swap, just ask for cut up limes. We sometimes swap the liquor for bottles of Dos Equis and always get a small dish of limes delivered.

Do you have to do the swap after you board or can you swap the next day? I guess the questions is, do you have a window of opportunity to swap or is that a small time-sensitive swap the day you begin your cruise?

There is not real time limit per se that I have ever heard of but it would be best to do it asap. I call after boarding but they don't always get to it on embarkation day.

Edited by Colo Cruiser