How can I confirm incentives prior to boarding?

CPCruisers

I just took advantage of an up sell to Haven Spa Suite on the Dec 20 Breakaway sailing and am a little concerned about the incentives I had with my original booking in a spa mini suite carrying over. When i look online at my reservation the vacation summary amenity detail is listing all 4 of the incentives even though when I originally booked only had the UBP. When I called to confirm they states that yes my reservation shows all 4. While this would be a great surprise I am somehow visioning a problem when we are checking in😧. Is there somewhere I can get a definitive list so I can print it out to bring with me to prove what I should have?

I just took advantage of an up sell to Haven Spa Suite on the Dec 20 Breakaway sailing and am a little concerned about the incentives I had with my original booking in a spa mini suite carrying over. When i look online at my reservation the vacation summary amenity detail is listing all 4 of the incentives even though when I originally booked only had the UBP. When I called to confirm they states that yes my reservation shows all 4. While this would be a great surprise I am somehow visioning a problem when we are checking in😧. Is there somewhere I can get a definitive list so I can print it out to bring with me to prove what I should have?

My understanding when we booked was that people who booked Haven rooms automatically received all 4 amenity perks. I hope that woks out for you.

This is wrong she upgraded to the haven suite which entitles her to all 4 perks

No, with upsells one keeps the promo they paid for. In some occassions one can get all the promos that would have came with the original booking of the higher category but it definitely is not granted or something that one would be entitled to.

No, with upsells one keeps the promo they paid for. In some occassions one can get all the promos that would have came with the original booking of the higher category but it definitely is not granted or something that one would be entitled to.

She already clearly said she was given all 4 with her upgrade so she is in fact entitled to all 4

She already clearly said she was given all 4 with her upgrade so she is in fact entitled to all 4

What they see on their documentation and what they are entitled to are two very different things - I too have gotten perks that I was not entitled to when upgrading to a suite once and was very happy that it happened, but there are people here who have not been lucky.

OP was also asking if they should take printouts to possibly fight any problems in the port and I did answer to that question - they aren't entitled as they got the upgrade as a discounted upsell and not with original (new) booking as the promo T&C almost always state.

She already clearly said she was given all 4 with her upgrade so she is in fact entitled to all 4[/quote

Nope. Upsells do not include all 4 perks. It is a clerical error. If it is caught they can and will change it to the original perk. Not "entitled" to all 4 unless they were part of an original booking.

Edited by DMH15

yikes! I am almost afraid to answer! As far as the incentives and what I am entitled to perhaps it was a bad choice of word. Going into this I was more concerned with making sure I kept the one UBP that I started out with. When I upgraded they reversed off the gratuities previously paid as they stated gratuities were complementary with the Haven. I was afraid if when we boarded we would not have the UBP and I would have no proof that I had them with the original booking. I have read about mix ups like this happening from other members who changed their reservations this close to sailing so I just wanted to document so I could reduce any stress at check in. Anything above that we will just have to see if it actually comes through when we get on board. I am keeping copies of everything just in case.

As far as the upsell, I booked through one of the online cruises sites. I have been watching the Haven spa suites for a few weeks and even this close to sailing only one was sold while the spa mini suites only had a few left. This is a holiday cruise so I am guessing the Spa Suites that only hold 2 are not that popular. I contacted the travel agency and had them call to see what the cost of upgrade was and it was something I was comfortable with.

yikes! I am almost afraid to answer! As far as the incentives and what I am entitled to perhaps it was a bad choice of word. Going into this I was more concerned with making sure I kept the one UBP that I started out with. When I upgraded they reversed off the gratuities previously paid as they stated gratuities were complementary with the Haven. I was afraid if when we boarded we would not have the UBP and I would have no proof that I had them with the original booking. I have read about mix ups like this happening from other members who changed their reservations this close to sailing so I just wanted to document so I could reduce any stress at check in. Anything above that we will just have to see if it actually comes through when we get on board. I am keeping copies of everything just in case.

As far as the upsell, I booked through one of the online cruises sites. I have been watching the Haven spa suites for a few weeks and even this close to sailing only one was sold while the spa mini suites only had a few left. This is a holiday cruise so I am guessing the Spa Suites that only hold 2 are not that popular. I contacted the travel agency and had them call to see what the cost of upgrade was and it was something I was comfortable with.

So was it an upgrade or upsell? Big difference, upgrade you get all the perks and double latitude points, upsell none of the above?