Advance tickets for Merry Time activities?

CRZNMEMA

Getting ready to take my grandkids on the Wonder, 12/18, for a Very Merry Time Cruise. We have previously sailed on the Dream where there were events that required advance tickets, such as the Princess Gathering. Does anyone have experience with these holiday sailings regarding activities that require advance tickets? I've seen mention of the gingerbread making activity, but nothing pertaining to the Wonder specifically. Don't want to miss out on any fun activities for the kiddos. Thanks!

Getting ready to take my grandkids on the Wonder, 12/18, for a Very Merry Time Cruise. We have previously sailed on the Dream where there were events that required advance tickets, such as the Princess Gathering. Does anyone have experience with these holiday sailings regarding activities that require advance tickets? I've seen mention of the gingerbread making activity, but nothing pertaining to the Wonder specifically. Don't want to miss out on any fun activities for the kiddos. Thanks!

All the ships have the Gingerbread making activity during the Very MerryTime cruises. You must sign up early, as space is limited. Check the Navigator for location/time to sign up. One note, the Gingerbread house activity isn't listed on the front of the Navigator, like the Princess and Anna & Elsa meets, it's usually on the back page.

Oh, another note - you won't be able to bring the gingerbread house off the ship with you at the end of the cruise - just so you know.

Check with Guest Services as soon as you board in order to get tickets! Tickets for the gingerbread house making are limited due to space. There should be a notation in the "welcome aboard" navigator, but if you dont see it, this is a "first stop after boarding." Wait and they WILL be gone.

However...if you don't get a ticket, show up at the designated space 10-15 minutes before the activity. There are always people who get tickets and then don't show up. On our last holiday cruise there were enough "leftover" tables for all except one family in the "standby" line and they made a spot for that family.

Thanks, guys! Sounds like Guest Services will be our first stop.

Read the "welcome aboard" Navigator in the terminal if you have any waiting time. Our experience has always been that these tickets were at GS, but recently they have been handing out the "Meet and Greet" tickets for Frozen and Princess Gathering at the Port Adventures desk (at least on some cruises). The Navigator should list the correct location for YOUR cruise. If you have 2 adults, you can "divide and conquer." Send one adult to each location if they are not all at the same place. One adult can get the ticket for the entire cabin.

We were able to get tickets last week to Anna & Elsa as well as gingerbread making. It was about 2PM or so, after lunch. But a note about gingerbread making - it's more of a gingerbread "race". They have prefabricated pieces, 2 small bags of candy & a bag of icing on the table. Yes they show you how to put it together but it is F.A.S.T

At least it seemed that way to me. They give you a half hour and that's it. So you have to assemble all pieces, hold them to dry, make sure the house is standing, decide how you want to decorate with your candies, then decorate...in 30 minutes or less. Then they kick you out and reset everything for the next group. It was fun, but it flew by. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece...We used in our coffee table as a decoration.

We were able to get tickets last week to Anna & Elsa as well as gingerbread making. It was about 2PM or so, after lunch. But a note about gingerbread making - it's more of a gingerbread "race". They have prefabricated pieces, 2 small bags of candy & a bag of icing on the table. Yes they show you how to put it together but it is F.A.S.T

At least it seemed that way to me. They give you a half hour and that's it. So you have to assemble all pieces, hold them to dry, make sure the house is standing, decide how you want to decorate with your candies, then decorate...in 30 minutes or less. Then they kick you out and reset everything for the next group. It was fun, but it flew by. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece...We used in our coffee table as a decoration.

Wow, that's changed from years past...possibly to allow more people. On our cruise there was one group on each sea day and it lasted about 60-75 minutes. Just curious, which ship? We were on the Magic...smaller ship might make a difference.

It was the Dream, and I posted a gingerbread house picture on the thread about the Very Merrytime decorations which I had preordered to decorate the stateroom.

My mom kept saying hurry - we're not going to finish and I kept saying "I'm not a professional! this takes time!"

It was actually quite comical in the end. It took place in Animator's Palate