Carnival - Copies of Birth Cert. as Proof of US Citizenship

RobinKY

So we are leaving in a few days for a Carnival Dream cruise and I went to dig out my family's birth certificates and cannot locate my daughter's. I began to freak out as I don't need extra stress this week.

I am sure the rules are not specific to CCL but I went on CCL website and it stated copies of state issued birth certificates with photo ID are acceptable. I didn't realize that. Thought you needed originals. She is 13 and has a school badge as ID.

Anyone have any issues with CCL questioning copies of birth certificates? If need be I can run to the county office and get a new one and I just hope it's a same day service type deal.

Birth Certification Information

The following are acceptable:

• An original birth certificate issued by a Government Agency (State/County/City) or the Department of Health and Vital Statistics
  • A copy of a birth certificate issued by a Government Agency (State/County/City) or the Department of Health and Vital Statistics
  • A clear, legible, quality Xerox copy of a birth certificate that was originally issued by a Government Agency (State/County/City) or the Department of Health and Vital Statistics. The Xerox copy does not need to be notarized or certified.
  • Birth Certificate Card
  • A Consular report of Birth Abroad
  • Internationally Adopted Children (under the age of 18): If the adoptive parent was not issued a birth certificate, we will accept as proof of citizenship, a Certificate of Citizenship by the U.S and adoption paperwork. A Certificate of Citizenship is issued by the U.S once the adoption is finalized.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1406/kw/travel%20documentation/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ1MDEzNzQxNi9zaWQvQkkxam8tRG0%3D

Edited by javafish

So we are leaving in a few days for a Carnival Dream cruise and I went to dig out my family's birth certificates and cannot locate my daughter's. I began to freak out as I don't need extra stress this week.

I am sure the rules are not specific to CCL but I went on CCL website and it stated copies of state issued birth certificates with photo ID are acceptable. I didn't realize that. Thought you needed originals. She is 13 and has a school badge as ID.

Anyone have any issues with CCL questioning copies of birth certificates? If need be I can run to the county office and get a new one and I just hope it's a same day service type deal.

Find your county's online page, and they should give you information about the time frame to get the new one from walk-ins.

Usually, this is OK, and you should be OK. Be already packed...be already packed...

I presented a copy of my birth certificate when I went on the Pride and no one said anything. If she is thirteen she does not need a photo ID, that is only if the passenger is 16 or over.

Birth Certification Information

The following are acceptable:

• An original birth certificate issued by a Government Agency (State/County/City) or the Department of Health and Vital Statistics
  • A copy of a birth certificate issued by a Government Agency (State/County/City) or the Department of Health and Vital Statistics
  • A clear, legible, quality Xerox copy of a birth certificate that was originally issued by a Government Agency (State/County/City) or the Department of Health and Vital Statistics. The Xerox copy does not need to be notarized or certified.
  • Birth Certificate Card
  • A Consular report of Birth Abroad
  • Internationally Adopted Children (under the age of 18): If the adoptive parent was not issued a birth certificate, we will accept as proof of citizenship, a Certificate of Citizenship by the U.S and adoption paperwork. A Certificate of Citizenship is issued by the U.S once the adoption is finalized.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1406/kw/travel%20documentation/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ1MDEzNzQxNi9zaWQvQkkxam8tRG0%3D

I think it is interesting that they list information for internationally adopted children. Both of my children were adopted from China I personally think you are crazy if you bring your child's certificate of citizenship on board with you. My children have always had a U.S. Passport

I think it is interesting that they list information for internationally adopted children. Both of my children were adopted from China I personally think you are crazy if you bring your child's certificate of citizenship on board with you. My children have always had a U.S. Passport

I was very uncomfortable taking DW's naturalization certificate onboard since they are pricey to replace and even spilling a glass of water on it would probably requirement replacement. That's one of the reasons we obtained Enhanced Drivers Licenses for our cruise on the Gem.

Thanks - I am just going to go with a copy. I just don't think I have time this week to run and get a new one. On the other hand a couple hour (guessing) time investment might be worth the peace of mind of having the original.