How do you feel about Princess TODAY?

Oh2B@C

We were on a Sun Princess 14 day Fiji cruise last Feb. We had not been on Princess for several years. We don't stick with any one cruise line.

We were very pleased with ship. The food in the dining room and in the buffet ranked among the very best that we have had over the past several years on any cruise line. Lots of fresh fruit, salads, and an excellent cheese selection. Service was top notch in every respect.

The only criticism I had was about Princess air. They were a bear to deal with and would did not seem able to get us a one way ticket. Prices high, service low, options poor. Our only prior experience with cruise air was Celebrity/RCI Choice air. We could book on line, did not have to go through our TA, we could book one ways, and we could get a price on air PRIOR to calling our on line TA or booking the cruise. Plus, we were able to book flights that did not return to our city of residence. Very flexible, very easy to use. Princess could do worse than adopt this type of flexible cruise air program.

Well this is discouraging. I was hoping to get a good deal flying to San Francisco in 2017 for our Hawaii cruise using the Princess booking. I guess I may have to find the deal myself. :(

I would not be too concerned about Princess air or any other air program.

There has only been once where we have booked a cruise air that was substantially lower in in cost than what we could find on our own. That was a one way home from Europe.

We usually check for cruise air with any cruise booking...if only to see the offerings. We have always been able to get better fares, better routings, or both by making our own arrangements.

The primary difference we have seen between cruise lines with regard to cruise air is ease of use, ease of booking, and customer booking interface. Princess could do with a refresh. HAL needs to abandon theirs and start again! I suspect that they use the same core programs.

Edited by iancal

Just booked a cruise in 2017 on the Grand, can anyone tell me what the cabins are like, I am in a balcony BB category on the Baja deck.

Please stay on topic. You will get better results if you ask that in anew posting. Thank you.