Internet Rates on Ryndam

lawgeek

Does anyone know what HAL charges for wireless access on the Ryndam (or anyother ship for that matter)? DO they offer options such as minute rates versus daily? Although I have no choice but to use the service (i.e. monitor my business), I still wonder what I'm gonna have to pay!

Thanx for any input.

This is only part of teh answer u are seeking so hopefully others will respond. The rate for access using their PC's is 75 cents per minute with a onetime signup of $3.95

They have various plans for committed time but I don't have the details on these. I looked quickly to see what changes with wireless but didn't pursue as I didn't have my laptop. I think the access chareges may be the same but whether there is a wire,ess service charge was unclear.

The three plans are the same price, regardless if you use HAL's 'puters or your own:

$3.95 set-up charge plus:

$0.75 per minute or

$55.00 for 100 minutes package or

$100.00 for 250 minutes package

If you sign up for a package the first day there is usually a bonus of 20 or 30 minutes. That may also be true if you purchase a second package.

On last summer's cruise there were also a few instances of "half-time" charges if you used their 'puters during certain hours. Never saw that before.

Great information, I am now all set...though a little disappointed that I can't get access in my stateroom. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to lug my laptop all over the ship. At least I can get access to keep things going and maybe post an instant update or two on this board!

Thanks again all of you,

Brendon

It looks as though we're going to be shipmates General Max as DH and I are enjoying the same "countdown". Our other two cruises on Holland America were on the wonderful old Noordam and we're looking forward to the new Vista class experience.

Hawk61

Archived