Upgrading to Eco Comfort after booking on CA

neverenoughtime

Is it possible to book a Coach international ticket on ChoiceAir and afterwards go to the Delta site and upgrade it to Economy Comfort?

Currently the price for a multicity on CA is $200 less than the same tkt on Delta. But if I buy a Eco Comfort ticket on CA its more expensive than adding on the upgrade on Delta.

Any advice based on previous experience is appreciated!!

Is it possible to book a Coach international ticket on ChoiceAir and afterwards go to the Delta site and upgrade it to Economy Comfort?

Currently the price for a multicity on CA is $200 less than the same tkt on Delta. But if I buy a Eco Comfort ticket on CA its more expensive than adding on the upgrade on Delta.

We've done three different Delta tickets on Choice Air. Two out of the three were were able to upgrade immediately to Comfort Plus using Delta's site. When we tried to upgrade the third, Delta's website said it was not eligible. We called Delta, and they told us the tickets had not been "purchased" by Choice Air yet. So we called Choice Air, asked them to purchase the tickets, and the next day we were able to upgrade to Comfort Plus.

As mentioned earlier, there are some types of tickets that would not be eligible to upgrade at all, and you cannot predict which kinds of tickets that Choice Air will purchase.

Edited by clarea

We've upgraded to Economy Comfort on 3 international flights using ChoiceAir and choosing Delta. No problems. Haven't talked to anyone who had a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I did purchase tickets thru choiceair. The Delta flight was listed three ways when the flight choices first displayed. I chose the option with DL in the flight number and had no problem immediately upgrading to Eco Comfort on the Delta website.

Thanks for everyones input and happy Cruising!!